LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cleaning the Engine Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toofazt
Good looking engine bays! Just want to pop in and let you guys know that we sell a lot of stainless steel covers for the LT1 http://store.specializedstainless.co...+%2793+-+%2797

Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!
Oh Ive been there trust me

But Ive been meaning to shoot you a PM, that radiator cover on that picture do you sell those, I couldnt find them on your site
Old 10-28-2007, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Oh Ive been there trust me

But Ive been meaning to shoot you a PM, that radiator cover on that picture do you sell those, I couldnt find them on your site
No, that's the only part we don't make unfortunately. You can get them from BMR though...
Old 10-28-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay cool, Ill be gettin alot of satin stuff from you after the cam swap
Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

I am thinkin of removing my abs and moving my ecm to the interior. How easy is this and what do i have to do?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by roadhog_113
I am thinkin of removing my abs and moving my ecm to the interior. How easy is this and what do i have to do?
ABS is not too bad but not a walk in the park. I used a kit from SJM Manufacturing. Basically you take out the ABS modulator after taking loose all the lines and unbolting it. The rear brake line goes into a proportioning valve and then a line lock will go into place with a small distribution block for the fronts. All lines in the kit are preformed (master cylinder to line lock, master cylinder to proportioning valve, and line lock to block) and you have to cut and reflare the others.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dhdenney do you have any pics of the Pro Choice fittings for the bottom of the car??? The Fittings they sent me are identical to the ones you have on the fuel rail, but look different for the bottom???

Also for your ABS setup (ordered mine from SJM and recieved it a few days ago) did you do yours with the motor in the car?? IF so how hard was it, putting C6 style brakes on the car and I figured I would do it all at the same time.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by T/A KID
dhdenney do you have any pics of the Pro Choice fittings for the bottom of the car??? The Fittings they sent me are identical to the ones you have on the fuel rail, but look different for the bottom???

Also for your ABS setup (ordered mine from SJM and recieved it a few days ago) did you do yours with the motor in the car?? IF so how hard was it, putting C6 style brakes on the car and I figured I would do it all at the same time.
Did not buy the fittings for the bottom. I used worm drive clamps there. I did do the ABS delete with the motor in the car. It's not really hard at all. Once you actually get the modulator out of the way there's lots of room to work with. If the smog pump is gone, then you've got tons of room. The whole process is not affected by the motor in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I just realized you're the one with the modded radiator support. If you've done all that, then ABS delete is cake!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

just found out that the strut tower brace is now up for sale, can contact me if your interested
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

I removed my A/C not that long ago. Purchased the bypass pulley from summit. 30 bucks online, 1 hour for disassembly and installation of bypass.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

who knows where i can find out about how to remove the dash??
Old 11-01-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Removed ac/heat/abs/coolant overflow(got another smaller one underneath) /put pcm under dash/wires for engine harness come through firewall behind engine/hood latch cable tucked/no power steering/alt relocation and a COMPLETE wire tuck of front harness and fuse box(so far I haven't found another person who has done this) / and then welded and filled all the holes on the inner fenders.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry skinnies but yours just looks to busy, I mean there is justs o much **** crambed in there, I think you need to delete some more stuff.
Haha

Just messin with yah it looks great
Old 11-01-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Sorry skinnies but yours just looks to busy, I mean there is justs o much **** crambed in there, I think you need to delete some more stuff.
Haha

Just messin with yah it looks great
LOL

Ya it was A LOT of work to do what I did, but I'm glad I did everytime I pop my hood.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28hustle
who knows where i can find out about how to remove the dash??
*blink* !DASH? Remove it and just screw in thin sheet metal or even some thin plexiglass painted on the back (so it shines and doesn't scratch) and then make your gauge holes if you really want to do that >_>
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Formula350
*blink* !DASH? Remove it and just screw in thin sheet metal or even some thin plexiglass painted on the back (so it shines and doesn't scratch) and then make your gauge holes if you really want to do that >_>
He doesn't wanna delete it. He just wants to take it out for a little bit.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by skinnies

Removed ac/heat/abs/coolant overflow(got another smaller one underneath) /put pcm under dash/wires for engine harness come through firewall behind engine/hood latch cable tucked/no power steering/alt relocation and a COMPLETE wire tuck of front harness and fuse box(so far I haven't found another person who has done this) / and then welded and filled all the holes on the inner fenders.
so thats what our motor mounts look like!

Quick Reply: Cleaning the Engine Bay?