LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car dies/stutters after cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car dies/stutters after cam swap

Alright guys, I need some help here, I just finished up a LE1 heads/cam. But something is deff. wrong with my electrical. The car will start up just fine and idle as well but sometimes the rmp's will jump and by jump I mean like a missfire, but the tach drops way faster then the motor ever could. But if I shut the car off and restart it the problem goes away. Also sometimes the car shuts off, but not just the motor all gauges go to zero, like it loses power compleltely. This is making me think it's a loose ground somewhere. Also when I hook up my laptop to read the car it can "see" the computer but cannot connect to it...

Car is a 1994 Z28, LE1, 58mm throttle body, Accel 30Lb injectors, pacesetter long tubes, MSD cap/rotor, new timing set, NSA rockers, guideplates, hardened pushroads and all other bolt ons.

When the car runs and stops missing it pulls great/sounds awesome, so I'm really stumped...
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check all sensor wires and double check spark plug order. ALSO did your opti go on easy or did you force it, if you force it it can be off. I have done that before.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plug order has been checked and rechecked, I will check all senors again, but won't be home till wed. to do so. Also the opti slid on easily as I made sure not to force it and like I said it only missfires once in a while and when it's not it pulls real strong. Ohh and also the tune is from PCM Forless
Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Email tunes ball park and takes care of WOT functions, driveability can only be solved with data logging and dyno tuning for the lower rpm range.

You have atypical driveability issues