LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Supercharged Lt1 Guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T/A KID
So what Plugs are you AFR boys running the Autolites??? I had heard we had to run special plugs but I was not for sure??
I'm actually running the AC Delco FR1LS plugs.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call911,
Hey man I appreciate it, those were good enough to give me an idea of how to fabricate those pieces. It's frustrating having that vent hose collapse, so I've been wondering how to keep this from happening ?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SRZ
Is that a fact or are you just claiming that? I think there is a ProCharged LT1 w/ a quicker time. I'll have to research it some more though to clarify.
I've gained 500rwhp from a maxed out YSI and thats a fact. Yes theres a couple like madman and Jeff gilbert both cars compared to mine are day and night difference, i had toys R US top end compared to them, but the fastest blower only LT1 is Chris sykora that was a YSI that i'm curently running.
If you look around and actually research on supercharged classes like Renegade YSI dominates that field, F1 has only been able to take home one points race out of hundreds they have had.
Either way not looking to get into pissing match here been on both sides of the field not many people can say that, and i like what i have now better.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95zpro
call911,
Hey man I appreciate it, those were good enough to give me an idea of how to fabricate those pieces. It's frustrating having that vent hose collapse, so I've been wondering how to keep this from happening ?
I can totally understand. My first setup was with ATI's new plastic inlet hat, and the small air filter that came with my D1SC. I was only able to make 9#'s of boost, even with the gargantuan pulley setup I have for my D1SC. I had my motor shop try to fab me up a new intake for it, but theirs was made of rubber, and it ended up collapsing whenever I got into the boost (the video posted below are of the first track runs I did with the blower and the rubber inlet hose that collapsed on me after making some boost going down the track. On the 2nd run the tube collapsed so much, the car almost stalled!)

After talking to a few other guys, I decided to go with a larger air filter, which helped out a lot. After swapping back to the plastic ATI inlet hat, and a new bigger filter I posted in my last pic, I went from 9#'s of boost to 11#'s of boost! After looking around enough, I found the custom metal inlet tube SRZ had on his car. I ended up getting one as well, and gained another 3-4#'s off of boost. Its amazing just changing up the air filter and the inlet tube gave me 6#'s of boost! It made a difference of over 100 RWHP on the dyno! I can't reccomend going with a bigger air filter and one of those metal inlet tubes enough! They are great!

Click here to see Video
Old 11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CALL911
I can totally understand. My first setup was with ATI's new plastic inlet hat, and the small air filter that came with my D1SC. I was only able to make 9#'s of boost, even with the gargantuan pulley setup I have for my D1SC. I had my motor shop try to fab me up a new intake for it, but theirs was made of rubber, and it ended up collapsing whenever I got into the boost (the video posted below are of the first track runs I did with the blower and the rubber inlet hose that collapsed on me after making some boost going down the track. On the 2nd run the tube collapsed so much, the car almost stalled!)

After talking to a few other guys, I decided to go with a larger air filter, which helped out a lot. After swapping back to the plastic ATI inlet hat, and a new bigger filter I posted in my last pic, I went from 9#'s of boost to 11#'s of boost! After looking around enough, I found the custom metal inlet tube SRZ had on his car. I ended up getting one as well, and gained another 3-4#'s off of boost. Its amazing just changing up the air filter and the inlet tube gave me 6#'s of boost! It made a difference of over 100 RWHP on the dyno! I can't reccomend going with a bigger air filter and one of those metal inlet tubes enough! They are great!

Click here to see Video

who makes the fabbed intake?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SiDeWaYZz28
who makes the fabbed intake?
ditto...where do you get it from?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Its from a guy in Sweden that custom makes them. Here's his email; ake.eliasson@koping.net

Just tell him you want one of his metal inlets for the D1, D1SC, or F1, and he can take care of you as he did me and SRZ.

Last edited by CALL911; 11-27-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
If you look around and actually research on supercharged classes like Renegade YSI dominates that field, F1 has only been able to take home one points race out of hundreds they have had.
Either way not looking to get into pissing match here been on both sides of the field not many people can say that, and i like what i have now better.
Renegade is a freaking joke, along with most of the forced induction classes in the NMRA. The rules are so lopsided in Vortech's favor that it's rediculous. In Renegade Vortech can have a 12" compressor vs. ATI's little 9.75". There are several other rules just as bad.

Try Drag Radial... F1R vs. XX trim!

No wonder why they 'dominate'. Wait, Renegade is the only class that they really DOMINATE, since ProCharger won't even sponsor a car in that class anymore. When talking centrifugal supercharger racing, ProCharger 'dominates'.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
I've gained 500rwhp from a maxed out YSI and thats a fact. Yes theres a couple like madman and Jeff gilbert both cars compared to mine are day and night difference, i had toys R US top end compared to them, but the fastest blower only LT1 is Chris sykora that was a YSI that i'm curently running.
That's what I hate about the net sometimes. I wasn't trying to come off as a pompus ***** I was only asking a question. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95zpro
call911 or SRZ,
post some more pics of the underside so I can get a better idea of how that elbow is coming off the s/c. I'm having a hard time with my filter almost touching the ground;it scraps on driveways,speed bumps etc.?
A lot of pics are blocked from my job so I'm not sure what CALL911 posted. But here is the actual inlet coming off the s/c. I used a little under 2ft of the industrial plumbing hose then connected it the 4" elbow after shortening it some to run my 9" K&N filter. The 4 elbow comes from EPP and ask for Bob and he can get you one. Mine doesn't hang or anything as it is secured. At eye level on the ground you only see a portion of the elbow but it doesn't come in contact w/ nothing and I'm extremely lowered. Once I'm back in the states I'll be adding a velocity stack to the inlet hat to smoothe the airflow and hopefully pick up another lb of boost in the process. I'll also hard pipe the industrial tubing part as well so it's all 4" hard pipe.

Last edited by SRZ; 11-28-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Renegade is a freaking joke, along with most of the forced induction classes in the NMRA. The rules are so lopsided in Vortech's favor that it's rediculous. In Renegade Vortech can have a 12" compressor vs. ATI's little 9.75". There are several other rules just as bad.

Try Drag Radial... F1R vs. XX trim!

No wonder why they 'dominate'. Wait, Renegade is the only class that they really DOMINATE, since ProCharger won't even sponsor a car in that class anymore. When talking centrifugal supercharger racing, ProCharger 'dominates'.
not going to argue, all i can tell you is YSI owns Lt1 record and i plan on keeping it that way next year
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Little off topic, but SRZ how is your PCV system working for you. I still plan on pulling it from the side of the intake into the inlet with a Air/oil seperator and a 1-way check valve (no filters).
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Will I need to replace my k-member? Did some looking today and it doesn't look like I have the room compared with the pics provided, plus I noticed that they all had aftermarket k-members...What do you think ?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
8 Second Club

You definitely don't need an aftermarket K-member. I don't have one.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

He might depending on what oil pan he is going with.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

I have a BMR K-member and it makes it nice. I have a procharger, love it.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:07 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

It helps w/ the plugs that's for sure but isn't needed. I had my stock k-member on before the UMI unit and that was the only difference that was clearly obvious to me. It does feel airy down there now though.

Quick Reply: Supercharged Lt1 Guys