LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i think i figured it out...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just ordered a tune from madz28 and im goin to see if it helps out any.. any ways i needed it to get my speedo recaculated so it will take care of all that when i get it back and it still runnin like it is then im goin to start to narrow down what it could be to get my Z runnin again
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cruzin94
slvrbrd was ur loss of power when accelerating when your check engine light comes one because that is when my car starts do that and when i dont have a light it runs some what normal but i can feel a slight hesitation and how would i no if my fuel pump is goin out would checkin my fuel pressure tell me this? thanks for all the help guys
I didn't always get a check engine light, but I would sometimes... Mine had a real hard time starting and then once it did and I threw it in gear it might go a couple feet and would then die. I could then start it up again after cranking and cranking it and it might be alright. Also, when trying to start it the engine would shake the car and you could definitely tell that there were problems. But basically if the cam sensor is going out, your comp is trying to relearn what the sensor is telling it and thats why it will run alright sometimes and like **** others... You can unplug your cam sensor (from behind the intake on an LS1, not sure where on an Lt1) and then start it up and then turn it off and then try and start it again and it will more than likely have the symptoms you've been experiencing... I would definitely jerk the intake mani off and try using a buddies to atleast see if it fixes it before you start buying random things and praying that they'll work. Also, if you're getting a check engine light, you should be able to take it to a dealership and have a scan diagnostic done that will show you the error codes and different parameters and would help you narrow down the problem. My stepfather owns an auto body/mechanic shop and those scanners come in handy.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL at you. You are STILL just replacing stuff blindly. Yes you need a tune, but damn, I would have fixed the problem first, or at least figured out what it was.

Tossing parts at a problem it THE most ineffective way off fixing the problem itself. This board is littered with people that totally guess at **** and tell others to replace such and such a part because 5.287 years ago on my 93 firechicken, in the dead of winter, with 17 feet of snow on the ground, this problem I had, which is kinda sorta simliar to yours, was fixed by doing this and this ....
Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jasonp31
LOL at you. You are STILL just replacing stuff blindly. Yes you need a tune, but damn, I would have fixed the problem first, or at least figured out what it was.

Tossing parts at a problem it THE most ineffective way off fixing the problem itself. This board is littered with people that totally guess at **** and tell others to replace such and such a part because 5.287 years ago on my 93 firechicken, in the dead of winter, with 17 feet of snow on the ground, this problem I had, which is kinda sorta simliar to yours, was fixed by doing this and this ....
Not to disrespect you, but isn't that what a forum is for. He asked for suggestions, we gave them. Given, some people may make some outlandish suggestions, but when you have the LT1 blues and not getting any codes, it never hurts to get opinions from other who have experienced the same problem.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Launching!

My opinion: Suggestions are great when enough information is given to come up with an educated/experienced answer. When the information given is very basic, and then wild suggestions are tossed, it just confuses the original post maker into thinking he can and should toss parts at the car hoping it fixes it. I'm just trying to help people learn to diagnose their problems. It will save them money and frustration in the long run, and they gain knowledge.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jasonp31
My opinion: Suggestions are great when enough information is given to come up with an educated/experienced answer. When the information given is very basic, and then wild suggestions are tossed, it just confuses the original post maker into thinking he can and should toss parts at the car hoping it fixes it. I'm just trying to help people learn to diagnose their problems. It will save them money and frustration in the long run, and they gain knowledge.

It does make it a little hard to decide what to do when 15 different people give you 15 different answers.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could

It does make it a little hard to decide what to do when 15 different people give you 15 different answers.
Def. sounds like a cam or crank sensor... but who knows.. def. let us know who wins the grand prize... hahaha... As for fuel pump going out, i wouldn't bank on it... mine makes noises like a ***** suckin' dick and it works just fine for now... trust me and please try out the cam sensor first.. and don't buy one, just borrow a friends and test it out...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any progress?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea mike, hows it going with the LT1?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

im goin to put my computer in today and see what happens even tho it is 24 degrees out side...but after that and if im still throwing codes im gettin brent to bring his scan tool down and diganose it ...and im kinda thinkin O2's becasue with my tune it had an information sheet and it said never splice O2's and i did and they are 76,000 miles old and they would make my car run real rich...so im thinkin 02's
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

opti or fuel pump???? just an uneducated guess . g'luck with tracking it down.

any codes?
a fuel pressure gauge has to mount to your fuel rail off of the schraeder valve. they are relatively inexpensive, and just good to have on the car for long term. it is something i would throw money at all day long. just my honest opinion

Quick Reply: i think i figured it out...