LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 to LS1 Coil conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a real great start there biggy. How about not being an ***. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

biggys I think there was some confusion in this thread. The original poster seemed at first to be talking about getting rid of the opti and buying a kit which completely converted to ls1 coils. merv and revelation responded that this was not possible because no such kit existed (which is true), to which the poster took exception because his "knowledgeable dude" assured him there was. I think this person had probably heard of the delteq or ltcc and that is what he was thinking about when he told the OP this. But this obviously wasn't clear.

All of the "idiots" in this thread already knew about the ltcc (the link you posted) and the delteq and even mentioned them before you did in this thread. Might want to try doing a little more reading next time before making a stupid remark. :/
Old 12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

follow the link in my sig to 97 ta then LTCC
Old 12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by biggys_ss
Ok, I wasn't planing on registering, but since there are idiots here that think they know what they are talking about, I had to get registerd.
Oh...do tell..do tell me who these idiots are..I'm wondering who among us are the idiots without any knowledge about this stuff at all..

Originally Posted by infinitebird
biggys I think there was some confusion in this thread. The original poster seemed at first to be talking about getting rid of the opti and buying a kit which completely converted to ls1 coils. merv and revelation responded that this was not possible because no such kit existed (which is true), to which the poster took exception because his "knowledgeable dude" assured him there was. I think this person had probably heard of the delteq or ltcc and that is what he was thinking about when he told the OP this. But this obviously wasn't clear.

All of the "idiots" in this thread already knew about the ltcc (the link you posted) and the delteq and even mentioned them before you did in this thread. Might want to try doing a little more reading next time before making a stupid remark. :/
Outstanding Comment my friend..
Old 12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not saying that the opti is bad, because myine went for over 105k. Then i went through a bad t-storm and the way I had my air filter water went in the opti and burned it. Thats why I changed it over, you have spark with water = boom. No, it does not cost thousands to do the swaps. I did mine for 450.00 (delteq). I can not remember about the ls coil convertion, but that can cost you about 650.00- 750.00. If you buy the coils used from a wrecked car even cheaper.
Yes, it is possible and for under 1k.
yea, that will work, but that doesnt remove the opti completely like he wants to.. the LTCC is a good system and the delteq can be to, but you still have to have the opti for the sensor.. the other systems that people recommended starts at $2400 and goes up...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Yes, I know what he said. He wants to convert to LS coils and not mess with the opti.(he didn't say eliminate it complitly) which is the distributor and cam sensor. When he goes with these systems he doesn't have to mess with it any more. Unless the sensor goes bad which is very rare, compared to the cap and rotor.
Yes, I know those systems were mentioned before, but when people start giving stupid responces thats when I get pissed off. Either be straight up or don't speak.
I know how I came out to be, but I really don't care if people don't like to hear the truth. Call me what you want. If you don't ask questions of what exactly he is trying to do, don't give these smart *** comments. First find out what he wants if he wasn't clear.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95TransAm_ToM
Im looking for a place to buy a lt1 to ls1 coil conversion kit for a 95 T/A dont feel like messing with the distributor behind the water pump anymore, any places that sell them? Ive looked but no luck
big, he said that in his very first post lol
Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, I know what he said. He wants to convert to LS coils and not mess with the opti.(he didn't say eliminate it complitly) which is the distributor and cam sensor. When he goes with these systems he doesn't have to mess with it any more. Unless the sensor goes bad which is very rare, compared to the cap and rotor.
Yes, I know those systems were mentioned before, but when people start giving stupid responces thats when I get pissed off. Either be straight up or don't speak.
I know how I came out to be, but I really don't care if people don't like to hear the truth. Call me what you want. If you don't ask questions of what exactly he is trying to do, don't give these smart *** comments. First find out what he wants if he wasn't clear.
what do you mean "rare"??? thats usually one of the most biggest complaints... water getting on the optical sensor and causing problems, its just as common as the cap getting water..
Old 12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FAIL
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Launching!

I love it when newbies sign up and act all king ****..
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

Iz is edumicated..

Oh snap..I might **** him off too..
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

LTCC f t w.

P

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 to LS1 Coil conversion