LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTXShootout, KCIR track questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think u do have a decent ppoint with the engine swaps.... but i mean come on u really cant satisfy everyone
Old 12-25-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCOWL-IMP2
Hmmm where did that come from ? Who said anything about allowing LT1's to their LSx show?? Did you read the whole thing ? The guy before you new where i was coming from.
Also if i bring my 95 impala with a 396ci its not fair for me because you guys get to weigh 3200-3400 pounds so wheres the 4 door class ?? Like i said who made these rules and classes ? Why wasn`t this called the f-body only shoot out
I agree there should be an Impy class. This would really add to the participation, but I know you can only squeeze so much in 1 day.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about i go put up the ltx shootout banner at 48 impala web sites then we will talk about your first sentence. Oh but wait i can`t theres no class for them i forgot this is for f-bodies only. So why is it called ltx shoot out when only f-bodies can come ? I think thats false advertising and i think i`m calling my lawyer hehe
Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

^You're a ***.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:42 PM
8 Second Club

How about i go put up the ltx shootout banner at 48 impala web sites then we will talk about your first sentence. Oh but wait i can`t theres no class for them i forgot this is for f-bodies only. So why is it called ltx shoot out when only f-bodies can come ? I think thats false advertising and i think i`m calling my lawyer hehe
If you are willing to pay me another $5000 on top of the $5000 I am already spending so I can rent the track for a two day event instead of one day then we can open up more classes just for you and also add a class just for Impy's. Right now we can not squeeze any more classes in the 8 hour rental. Not for this first race. I have no idea how fast the day will go even with the 7 classes we have right now. Remember we have to have time for tech-in, registration, time trials, qualifying, lunch, finals, and closing ceremony.

The majority of the LT1 racers are Camaros, Firebirds, and Corvettes. We opened the race up to anyone with LT1 engines as long as they meet the requirements for the class they intend to run. This in turn allowed Impy's and hybrids (that would be you) to enter this first event. It will not be a wise decision to add classes that will have very low turnouts. Don't you think? How many 2600 lb LT1 Mustangs will show up? One, two? I can promise you if this event is a success the next year will have more classes and might be a two-day event.

I hope you can make it. Even if you just come run brackets it would get a lot of attention.

Tony Shepherd
Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm where did that come from ? Who said anything about allowing LT1's to their LSx show?? Did you read the whole thing ? The guy before you new where i was coming from.
Also if i bring my 95 impala with a 396ci its not fair for me because you guys get to weigh 3200-3400 pounds so wheres the 4 door class ?? Like i said who made these rules and classes ? Why wasn`t this called the f-body only shoot out
someone has their panties in a bunch! strip the impala down if it is too heavy? sorry i didn't get he gist of what you were hinting towards. i am sure you could find roller f body to drop the motor into?

we can never please everybody all of the time! believe me, i am usually the odd man out. i always seem to end up in an outlaw class that I am the slowest guy in....but i still run it. if you want to laugh I have signed up for 4 of the Milan Friday night heads up classes. running in a class with Dan Millen, lol!!!! even if he were to red light or break there is usually about 12-14 cars quicker than mine.....the rules are what they are. I guess i could cry to Milan and ask them to change the rules for me, maybe increase the minimum weight for the class by like 600 hundred pounds, because my car weighs in at almost 3600 #'s? maybe I am just nuts because I want to run my car on a night when I know the track is going to hook like a bear.

Tony,
shame on you for not calling it the F Body shootout, after all there have only been 4 generations of f bodies produced.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

I just think there should be another class it would make it more interesting and fun the watch. A guy i no has a 355ci lt1 in his fiero but wait he can`t come because he don`t weigh enough. He has a friend that has a sweet little mazda with a 383 lt1 but wait he can`t come because he don`t weigh enough. I bet by next year the lsx rules change. Some of these little cars can`t put a fat enough tire on the back and are bouncing of the walls and thats what i call interesting and fun to watch so what would it hurt to add another class ? Its not to late
you cant argue with these guys,, you will never win,, they make their own rules as they go along,, just like all nitrous cars with aftermarket trans, etc have to run against turbo cars.. you think thats fair when the fastest lt1 on boost vrs nitrous is over a second difference,, but you can explain that them...
Old 12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

dude, these guys built the shootout around their cars.. and whatever other people have they dont its wrong... just like he said lt1 came fuel injected,, they also came with opti sparks,, how many guys will be at the shootout with a opti spark? TONY, DO YOU HAVE A STOCK INTAKE WITH A OPTI ? outlawz from the pictures your car doesnt have a opti either.. from the look of it most cars have carbed intakes converted to fuel injection.. well since i didnt convert it tanner said its less of a lt1 then one that is converted... dude these guys are a joke,, whatever they do is right and they set the rules, weight wise also because their cars weigh about that so they made it a weight requirement so no one beats them bad.. well i got knews for them, i will wait till either of those guys breaks the record and then ill run my car in my state and will post a video of it to prove it.. then ill be going by my own rules, not theirs.. mustang looks good, if they cant deal with it, **** them..
Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mario89
dude, these guys built the shootout around their cars.. and whatever other people have they dont its wrong... just like he said lt1 came fuel injected,, they also came with opti sparks,, how many guys will be at the shootout with a opti spark? TONY, DO YOU HAVE A STOCK INTAKE WITH A OPTI ? outlawz from the pictures your car doesnt have a opti either.. from the look of it most cars have carbed intakes converted to fuel injection.. well since i didnt convert it tanner said its less of a lt1 then one that is converted... dude these guys are a joke,, whatever they do is right and they set the rules, weight wise also because their cars weigh about that so they made it a weight requirement so no one beats them bad.. well i got knews for them, i will wait till either of those guys breaks the record and then ill run my car in my state and will post a video of it to prove it.. then ill be going by my own rules, not theirs.. mustang looks good, if they cant deal with it, **** them..
Dude u need to relax im pretty sure that wasnt there intention... they didnt plan this event to just win every class.. they planned it for us. for allof us ltxers out there.stop being idiotic and selfish tony and the rest of the guys r doing a lot of work for us. be grateful god damn
Old 12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
Dude u need to relax im pretty sure that wasnt there intention... they didnt plan this event to just win every class.. they planned it for us. for allof us ltxers out there.stop being idiotic and selfish tony and the rest of the guys r doing a lot of work for us. be grateful god damn
ok, can you please answer one question for me then? they said stock style suspension only but its ok for wheelie bars.. why? it doesnt make sense,, i didnt know wheelie bars were stock style.. is it maybe because they run wheelie bars? hmmmmm makes you think huh.. also why does there car fit all the rules? maybe because they have designed them around their cars?hmmmmmmm
Old 12-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Staging Lane

ok, can you please answer one question for me then? they said stock style suspension only but its ok for wheelie bars.. why? it doesnt make sense,, i didnt know wheelie bars were stock style.. is it maybe because they run wheelie bars? hmmmmm makes you think huh.. also why does there car fit all the rules? maybe because they have designed them around their cars?hmmmmmmm

I also helped with the rules and They are laxed IMHO. The rules definitly were not written to give anyone some advantage they were written to make it easy for the majority to come out and play. This is the first event and we need to see how everthing works out, the second if their is one will most likley have more classes and some mods to the existing classes. There is a class I could win but I'm not running that class! I"m running outlaw there should be a few cars faster than me one way faster but who cares I still have a chance they have to get down the track and thats hard to do every pass I could get lucky.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:50 AM
8 Second Club

Mario wheelie bars are a bolt on item. How is it not stock style suspension when you still have a torque arm, shocks in the same locations, control arms in the same locations but have a bolted on wheelie bar for Outlaw? I don't think you understand what stock suspension means. About the min weight requirements, most of our cars weigh around 3500 lbs . Notice we put the weight break around 3300 lbs in the faster classes so Corvettes, and hybrid conversion cars will have a chance to meet the weight break. There is no way we can put the weight break around 2600-2800 lbs when the majority of the cars weigh 3500. If you think I helped make the rules around my car you are crazy. I know I will get my butt handed to me more than likely by at least 3 cars maybe more. In my opinion this race is not just about winning.......it is about supporting an event that has the potential to go big and can accomidate more people in the future. Think about it.

Tony
Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

For the people who don't like the national LTX event that Tony has organized you have some options available. One, if you have any organizational and marketing skills and are willing to do a lot of hard work, you could always go to the time and trouble to set-up a national LTX event the way “you want it.” Or two, if you don’t like the rules you simply don’t have to participate.

At lease for the first time ever, someone is attempting (as best they can) to put together a national event for our LTX cars.

WD
Old 12-26-2007, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Damnit, he's back. Go play in traffic you f'ing retard! You're gonna bitch about an event that LTx'ers have been wanting for years now?!? If you have a car that car run 8s like you say, you shouldn't be bitching about anything but track prep and if they have a nitrous refill station at the track.

And this **** with N20 vs. FI......who gives a rats. I have out run a couple of S/C LS1s and a Turbo 3V Stang. I don't see your point on how a FI car will always be faster. N20 cars CAN outrun FI cars. Just bcuz the records that are set right now say otherwise, you cling to that fact like stink to cow ****..?? .......f this, I'm not wasting anymore time on you.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ran at the march shootout they have here at KCIR twice a year and it was hooking so good people had problems breaking stuff. Thats when I found out my clutch started slipping real bad.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
I ran at the march shootout they have here at KCIR twice a year and it was hooking so good people had problems breaking stuff. Thats when I found out my clutch started slipping real bad.
That's what I'm really worried about, I don't want to get everything done and then get there and break the 10 bolt. Maybe I'll sell some more care between now and then and have the money for a 12 bolt!

Oh, and why is gayfag (aka Mario) back??
Old 12-26-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mario has a good point no make that a vary good point and took the words right out of my mouth. So thanks Mario for speaking up.
When i asked about my mustang and showed a couple pictures i was all excited. Then i went and read the rules and classes. After reading the first one.... the first thing that popped into my head was wow these suckers have the class desinged right around there own cars. So then i read the rest of the classes and rules and realized i can`t run the mustang or impala ....so hows that for a ltx shoot out ?

Like the one guy said you guys need new organizational and marketing skills because you guys suck.

OH ya Taner i don`t where panties
fergymoto I`m not a *** i have a wife and 2 kids......so grow up homo and you have a slow car
Old 12-26-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

fergymoto I`m not a *** i have a wife and 2 kids......so grow up homo and you have a slow car
married with 2 kids, and I act more mature than you...???? wtf dude!?!

Like the one guy said you guys need new organizational and marketing skills because you guys suck.
Would you like to put this ******* event together. How bout you and mario team up and build us the shootout of everyones dreams. Not everyone is gonna be happy with an event like this. Hell I can't get 20 people to agree with a GTG on my local board, much less something of this caliber. Make the format for this event that you would like, and think will please everyone. Then, call a track, get a race scheduled for next yr sometime, find sponsors, put up your own money, advertise the race, set up a website, listen to everyone else bitch about a race you put alot of your time into, and then have your own god damned Impala/Hybrid Shootout. If you don't wanna do that, quit bitching, enter extreme street, add some weight, or run in the damned bracket class!

end rant!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Mario has a good point no make that a vary good point and took the words right out of my mouth. So thanks Mario for speaking up.
When i asked about my mustang and showed a couple pictures i was all excited. Then i went and read the rules and classes. After reading the first one.... the first thing that popped into my head was wow these suckers have the class desinged right around there own cars. So then i read the rest of the classes and rules and realized i can`t run the mustang or impala ....so hows that for a ltx shoot out ?

OH ya Taner i don`t where panties
I hope you weren't referring to me on that little comment. If so you and Mario can go jump off a bridge together. You sound just like Mario, "oh you have a slow car" sorry I'm a college kid working full time and trying to save money for Pharmacy school. I'll take my low 12 sec pass all motor any day of the week with the amount of funds I'm working with.

If you guys don't like the rules and classes, why don't you guys put the event on yourselves next year and make your own rules? Of course, this being the first year, there are going to be some bugs that need worked out and some things that need to be changed. But sorry that the guys putting the event on couldn't tend to your every need and make it so EVERYONE could race. This is the first year for it so cut these guys a break......
Old 12-26-2007, 04:46 PM
8 Second Club

The rules were designed around what the majority of cars are. If YOUR car doesn't fit into a class that 30 other cars do, either change your car to fit the class or don't come.

It's that simple.