LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

97 30th Anniversary Maro Rebuild......PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*bump*

Still need the parts listed above...would prefer someone in Texas to lower shipping costs or even pick it up myself, but a for a good price I will pay shipping! Anyone?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so for all of you who were interested in the past, I know it has been a while but work has been hectic. Here is the latest news on the rebuild!

I have all body parts I needed to fix her up finally. I got a complete 97 LT1 Camaro with only a tranny missing. I am selling off the engine parts however the car is getting chopped up.

My car is in the body shop now and the repair process has begun. She will be rolling again with no engine in her in about a month. I will take her with no body on it, because the fenders bumper and hood will stay at the shop until she gets the engine in.

I have engine parts spread all over my hometown getting modified and powdercoated and rebuilt. The block is being rebuilt by a friend named Roger Mitchell, a local mechanic.

The Heads are being ported and polished along with a valve job and polishing and port matching the intake manifold, throttle body, and headers by Samford Racing Heads.

I am adding in some LS7 lifters, a Comp Cams CC503 camshaft, lighter weight pistons, and pacesetter LT headers.

The block and heads will be painted black, the headers ceramic coated black, the intake manifold powdercoated gloss black with the runners and fuel rails polished, the throttle body powdercoated black, black SLP Cold Air Intake, valve covers powdercoated black with polished accents, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace powdercoated black...also the engine bay, under hood, and fender wells will be painted gloss black. I am powdercoating the K-member, control arms, and springs gloss black also.

The rest of the exterior is getting completely restored and re-painted stock colors with an SS Camaro hood added on and SS stripes. Stock Arctic White rims, and all.

Interior is getting completely replaced. New carpet, new headliner, and brand new stock upholstery back to the original arctic white leather.

At the rate I am going right now I will have the car completely restored and back on the road before the end of the year if not in the Sept/Oct timeframe!!!

The entire body work counting the paint job and all will run me just under 5,000.00 by Phoenix Collission in Abilene.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP EVERYONE!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! Without you guys I would be shelling out A LOT more cash and time! From the bottom of my heart I thank each and every one of you who helped be it advice, parts, whatever! I respect you and thank you! More updates to come as well as pictures of the progress!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see things are coming together.

I don't care what people say about not getting sentimental about a car. There are worse things to fall in love with than a car!

Quick Reply: 97 30th Anniversary Maro Rebuild......PICS