LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best Lt1 head gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakesz28
Only a .032 in each hole, That must just be the first stage right?

Or at least that's thw way I'm doing it.

Man three months to go. Times running out and my wallet is alot thinner.
I hear you on the Wallet front!

I gotta say I spent four hours pulling my $&@*$(% Door bars! I must say though it took less then have the time then the K-member and I got 16Lbs(half the K-member) and it was free!

I am not sure I will ever come close to Ray or the 3200 Min but I am tring to give up as much as I can and still look like the same car

We are definately going to need a place to Crash hopefully with a gaurded area. I did score a Enclosed Trailer for the shoot out so that will help. There will be three of us swapping out as driver for the 2,400 mile trek and we are going to try and make it in three days so we can TnT friday night!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I hear you on the Wallet front!

I gotta say I spent four hours pulling my $&@*$(% Door bars! I must say though it took less then have the time then the K-member and I got 16Lbs(half the K-member) and it was free!

I am not sure I will ever come close to Ray or the 3200 Min but I am tring to give up as much as I can and still look like the same car

Those door bars are fun aren't they....did you cut them or unbolt em'

And I also agree on the thin wallet. Sorry for the
Old 01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedZ28
If you are going through head gaskets (they are leaking cylinder pressure)and they are copper and the block is not o-ringed and the cylinder head does not have a receiver groove, I would tend to believe this is your problem. Why are you running copper head gaskets on the motor???
I had read that the flat-out gaskets were pretty bad *** and even the thicker sizes held up real well. I had even asked Flat-out about using this gasket w/out o-ring and they said it would be fine. Obviously not the case.The heads are at the machine shop getting resurfaced , pressure checked. And a new valve . My porter is also going to flow them for me why they are off.I know some off you were curious about the flow #'s of these heads because off the times it runs NA .My machinist also agree's that it is most likely a detonation problem causing them to blow.

Quick Reply: Best Lt1 head gaskets