LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

want to gut my cats

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
when you live in a state that doesnt do emissions testing, how would it be illegal? wisonsin doesnt even do inspections....you should see some of the cars on the street in that state. its nothing to see the exhaust manifold through the fender of a truck....and body panels flapping as they drive the vehicle down the road.
As of July 1, 2008 Wisconsin is eliminating any emissions testing on model years 1996 and older. Any year vehicle from 1997+ still is required for the diagnostic port test every 2 years.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hbgben
As of July 1, 2008 Wisconsin is eliminating any emissions testing on model years 1996 and older. Any year vehicle from 1997+ still is required for the diagnostic port test every 2 years.
damn i wish i lived in wiscounsin lol

just go to a small time speed shop and tell them what u want... tell them u will slip in a lil extra cash... have it cut out and a test pipe welded in... pretty simple job for an exhaust shop

then make sure u keep the cat!!! sell it u can get around $50-$100 per cat. they have precious metals in them like platnium!!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

hbgben
As of July 1, 2008 Wisconsin is eliminating any emissions testing on model years 1996 and older. Any year vehicle from 1997+ still is required for the diagnostic port test every 2 years
Jw wondering where you found this info, cuz I live right outside milwaukee.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by J_Z28_T
i wud sell the cat and with that money buy a cutout, full exhaust systems cost alot of money just for a nice sound and add alot of weight. I think cut outs are the way to go on a street car, for that matter leave the stock exhaust and put in a cut out minus the cat!
my son and i have decided we will go with a cutout and then a magnaflow. gutting the cat did give it a deeper tone and we loved how it sounded when we started with it open from the cat but way to obnoxiuos. we have no smog testing here or inspections and the police dont hassle you for loud exaust.

Quick Reply: want to gut my cats