LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Engine wont start after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine wont start after cam install

I installed a CC503 cam and did some mild head porting(mostly polishing of the exhaust runners and gasket matching). It fired up quickly after the install but when i gave it a test drive(after break in) it ran awful when anything above idle. I drove it maybe a mile and then let it sit in my driveway running while i flushed the coolant system. later in the day when i went to put it back in my garage it even idled rough. Now it wont even start. Firing order is right. No vacum leaks. Could all this be from lack of a tune?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Launching!

IT might be but I doubt it. To check unplug the battery for 30 minutes to clear the LTFT's.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

I highly doubt its the tune (ive been runnin cc503 for months and the car has never been tuned since ive had it). Check for spark, valve timing, opti pig tail under the water pump, and make sure your getting fuel.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

i had this exact problem when i installed my hotcam and the opti had been installed wrong.......check check and then recheck it should just slid in the cap with no and i stress NO force at all
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cody161
i had this exact problem when i installed my hotcam and the opti had been installed wrong.......check check and then recheck it should just slid in the cap with no and i stress NO force at all
was there any damage caused to the spline? It slid right in, but im thinking thats all it could be. I guess ill check it, i need to replace the old opti anyway. anything else it could be?? Thanks

Quick Reply: Engine wont start after cam install