LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel rail upgrades..options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel rail upgrades..options?

Im making a few upgrades and was wondering what type of fuel rails nitros guys are running. How much power or flow will a stock rail handle? Are the LS1/LS2 fuel rails compatible with LT1/LT4 intake? Do they flow any better than LT1 fuel rails? I did a quick search and all I was able to find in here was folks with rail problems.

Thanks much!!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...use/index.html
This describes making independent fuel rails, I was going to do it, but now going to run a wet hit so I'm not so worried anymore.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Im making a few upgrades and was wondering what type of fuel rails nitros guys are running. How much power or flow will a stock rail handle? Are the LS1/LS2 fuel rails compatible with LT1/LT4 intake? Do they flow any better than LT1 fuel rails? I did a quick search and all I was able to find in here was folks with rail problems.

Thanks much!!
What I see happening here is you are ASSuming things you should not.

I am sure there are cars out there that needed new fuel rails to support massive power. I have been around the LT1 and on several forums for a long time and I can't think of anyone specifically mentioning they found a need to upgrade. I have seen guys redo the plumbing and go larger AN too and from the tank but kept the rails. I am sure it has been done, I am sure some car out there did need it done, but it is going to be one thirsty bitch that actually needs this.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1

Jim