LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AFR Hydra Rev Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AFR Hydra Rev Kit

any insite at all in every aspect? Is it worthwhile or a waste? what else should I use to take full advantage of this?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one its a pain to install w the heads on the motor and youll need a special small valve spring compressor, my brother ended up pulling it back out of the motor becouse the pushrods were rubbing on the washer we had put in it to stop the springs from digging to the aluminum but that was our fault, but i do plan on running it in my 396 when i get it back.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys have lost motors too the springs digging into the aluminum and sending it through the engine.

I understand the idea, the safety factor of having something to keep the lifter in place if other valvetrain breaks is a good idea but I think this one lacks something in actual implimentation.

If it is needed for valvetrain control that just means the valvesprings are too weak.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Guys have lost motors too the springs digging into the aluminum and sending it through the engine.

I understand the idea, the safety factor of having something to keep the lifter in place if other valvetrain breaks is a good idea but I think this one lacks something in actual implimentation.

If it is needed for valvetrain control that just means the valvesprings are too weak.
i disagree, depending on how big your cam is or how high you rev the motor, it will eliminate the need for massive valve springs that wear valvetrain parts out quickly due to retarded pressure
Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well the thing there is guys need to be realistic when choosing street cams, unfortunately most are not.
Beehives allow us to control fairly wild cams without massive pressure.

Quick Reply: AFR Hydra Rev Kit