LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

heating and abs problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heating and abs problems

my first problem is on my 94 camaro z28 the heater doesn't work the engine gets up to temp and the fan motor is spinning but no heat It is like there is no air movement? my second problem is when I take of my abs in op light comes on what should I check are they related?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your heater core is plugged or bypassed on the heating issue and the ABS inop is most likely one of the wheel sensors.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually alternative to the clogged heater core, I read somewhere here (which I need to re-find) that there's some valve for the heater next to the front of the motor that gets clogged and prevents heat/hot heat. Mine is under lukewarm, and I'm better that is the cause of it. I think it's a fairly small 3-way jobber. Only a few inches round and black, plastic of course. Wish I had more info for you

The ABS light can be a sensor, or the unit. Sometimes even a dirt plug causing a bad connection. Also don't leave out fuses, check them first. My buddy tested my car, which has the ABS light on, and it actually SAID which sensor was bad, both fronts really I have a feeling it's due somewhat to a previous owner. I think he had line lock. Anyways, a good shop should be able to hook it up to their scanner and tell you. I don't think a parts store's scanner will do it, since I own one of those and it doesn't tell me.