LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My New 1993 Z28 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this is a sign you are keeping the car? If not, bring it to Chicago and Ill give it a good home!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
Thats how my interior looked when I got mine, I gutted it and re-did it all inside, looked like someone murdered a bag of ****.

-Rick
Old 01-01-2011, 07:42 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Hope this is a sign you are keeping the car? If not, bring it to Chicago and Ill give it a good home!
I have a guy who says he wants it and he's going to pick it up. I've had a few people say that so far, but at this point if he doesn't pick it up I'm going to keep it. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I'm going to be picking up somethings at the beginning of next week.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I have a guy who says he wants it and he's going to pick it up. I've had a few people say that so far, but at this point if he doesn't pick it up I'm going to keep it. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I'm going to be picking up somethings at the beginning of next week.
Sweeeet! Cant wait to see either way!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just read the damn thing and I am now depressed as hell... But great info. I am doing the same to my 94 Trans Am. however I hate the LSX platforms other than the fact that most are aluminum. Definitely keepin my LT1!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Updates or BANNED!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

It is still camping out in the garage. I haven't talked to the guy who said he wanted it since the 27th, but he said he would be home around the 7th. We'll see what happens. If he passes it up it is going to camp out in my garage until I get around to being able to mess with it. I've found a couple new parts that I'd like to add onto the dream list.

I was supposed to pick up those parts at the beginning of this week, but the guy who is selling them hasn't managed to pull them off of his car yet. Selling or parts, whatever comes around first I'll post up.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Hopefully he doesent pick it up, I want to see this thing finished!!! :l
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

^ The car's being kept. Regardless of it sitting in my garage forever. If I can sell a couple parts I'm going to get moving on setting it up as a rolling chassis.

The number one goal is still to get my Formula running. After that getting a second vehicle that will have it's own thread when it comes time running so I'll be able to twiddle with one or the other and have a back up. Third is this which will slowly get setup as a rolling chassis and added upon.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Can we get a very brief summary of which cars your building and how, and then which car your selling?

I've been following along for awhile, but I'm lost in here. You change so quick and have so many project I don't know whats what anymore
Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a great deal! Congrats on new ride. Time for a detail don't you think?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear you are keeping it! Hate to see all that time go out the window!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94transbird
I hate the LSX platforms other than the fact that most are aluminum. Definitely keepin my LT1!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by Magnet
Can we get a very brief summary of which cars your building and how, and then which car your selling?

I've been following along for awhile, but I'm lost in here. You change so quick and have so many project I don't know whats what anymore
I'm sorry if it has been confusing.

1st = Formula. Been working on it some these past few days. Going on 3 years and 7+ months of not running.

2nd = New project. Major signifigance, but still top secret.

3rd = 93. Project tin can with AC, PS, overdrive, etc... that looks like a complete car.

The goal is to get my Formula running and after that the new project moving. I want to get those two running and sell my 95. Then, use the money from my 95 towards getting this car / 93 setup as a rolling chassis.

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
Thats a great deal! Congrats on new ride. Time for a detail don't you think?
No new ride yet. It is still in a different state.

Detail wise I was supposed to pick up one complete LT1 engine with a bad opti and another complete long block from a member on here a month or so ago. He said he's been sick and had someone pass away in his family, but I haven't heard from him since. One was supposed to go in the new project and the other was going to be a mock up engine for something.

Good to hear you are keeping it! Hate to see all that time go out the window!
Times one million. That's part of the reason I've decided to keep it. Every little nickle and dime expense and the work I have in it so far it wouldn't be worth selling.

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
I have to agree on that one. With enough money you can make anything fast, but the budget aspect of LS engines is amazing.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:24 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

New items for sale thread. Support the builds and buy parts at a great price:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...dom-parts.html
Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Support the Formula build and get some parts at a great price. I finally made it all the way through my garage and am ready to make some space: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-cleanout.html
Old 12-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Staging Lane

DUDE!!! WTF! If you sell this car, I am driving down there and kicking you in the nuts! Ive been waiting for over a year to see this finished!
LMFAO dude this was my exact reaction when I read your project 10 second thread for about 7 hours and then saw on that last page that you sold it.... actually I had a very similar WTF reaction when I realized about halfway through that it would no longer be a 10 second build, but rather an appearance build... nevertheless, as I have stated in that thread, I totally agree with your decision... being a Pontiac fanatic I totally would have sold it to get that '69 LeMans...

And here I am once again, it's like deja vu... I have been reading this thread since I got home from work at 12am & it is now 5:20am, I read this thread all the way through hoping that at the end of the 23 pages I would see some sick *** LT1 passes... I do understand the difficulty in projects and that life does get in the way... I will most definitely check back from time to time to one day see the finished project.

With the brilliant weight saving ideas I have seen in both of your threads, I will one day do a similar budget built LT1 project. Being obsessed with Pontiacs, my weapon of choice will naturally be a bird, and I will finish mine, with a budget of 10 grand and a goal of a 10 second pass...

By the way man, I just want to thank you for an enjoyable read for the past few hours, and although I am bummed out that I read all the way through with an unfinished project, I know you will eventually build one kick *** camaro & (once again being a Pontiac supporter) I support your desire to get that bird of yours on the road first haha!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

Oh I almost forgot... I unfortunately just sold 2 LS1 blocks, cranks, & a blower cam 2 days ago, but I do still have a stock rotating assembly, stock valve train assembly & stock LS1 heads with valves if you are interested...
Old 12-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Staging Lane

by the way, not sure what trans you decided to go with but in my 72 bird I just had a TH350 rebuilt for 650 with an aftermarket 2800 torque converter... I just had a stock rebuild, no trans brake or trans cooler or anything, but that's because the motor doesn't put out enough power yet to need that stuff & I will be swapping to a manual when the new motor is ready... I hope that helps you get a rough estimate...
Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just read the damn thing and I am now depressed as hell... But great info. I am doing the same to my 94 Trans Am. however I hate the LSX platforms other than the fact that most are aluminum. Definitely keepin my LT1!
question ARE YOU HIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

Quick Reply: My New 1993 Z28 Project