LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Clylinder Heads???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clylinder Heads???

I just picked up my engine from the machine shop today and I discovered that they installed the heads on the oppiset side from where I took them off. My question is does anyone know if they will work like this? GM only has one part # for the heads so I think they will work but I just want to make sure. Also does anyone know the part # for the washers that go on the rear of the heads and exacly what their called? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The heads are the same. The part number for the seals is 10108689.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heads are the same, but they needed to put in the plugs for the coolant passages on the front and unplugged the back and hooked up the steam pipe. The coolant sensor also goes on one side and the other side has to have that hole blocked off as well.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
The heads are the same, but they needed to put in the plugs for the coolant passages on the front and unplugged the back and hooked up the steam pipe. The coolant sensor also goes on one side and the other side has to have that hole blocked off as well.
Thanks. Yes they pluged the holes in the rear so I will have to move them to the front. Do you know witch side the coolent temp sensor goes on? Currently it is on the right passenger side if your standing behind the engine.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haperry678
Thanks. Yes they pluged the holes in the rear so I will have to move them to the front. Do you know witch side the coolent temp sensor goes on? Currently it is on the right passenger side if your standing behind the engine.
Drivers side IIRC.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

correct. it goes on the left side. those plugs might suck to pull out. think i tried to pull the ones on the intake and gave up. scared i might pull the threads out with it. might just be easier to flip your heads if they are on a stand.

Quick Reply: Clylinder Heads???