LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lt1 clutch

Ok guys i have a cam and spray lt1 with a 9in on et streets. Right now i have a ram powergrip clutch and i am about to build the tranny a wanted somthing better as this this clutch has slipped on me before i did the cam with just a 100 shot. I did the cam swap and want to hit it with a 150 shot. I dont know what clutch i want to run the spec stage3 or stage4. i dont drive the car much so either would be good or if someone could reccomend another clutch that will hold up i want to stay around the $500 range as far as price! The ram clutch has been half way decent i pulled 1.6s and went 7.40s in the 1/8 with a 100 shot before the cam swap! I thought about just putting in a new disc but i want somthing stronger that i can put in and leave it for a while. Thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a LuK Progold in my LT1 and I love it. Since you seem to be a little more speed oriented than I am for the time being, I would go with a lightweight flywheel as well. I really think the LuK Progold is very nice, and it is about $600 or less if I remember right. I could not be happier with it, and everyone else I have talked to that has one loves it and swears it is bulletproof. I have never slipped or anything. It does not get the same press, but I really think it is better than most of the other ones, unless you are making a non-street legal 8 second or less racer in the 1/4. Then you are talking a whole different tier of parts for your car that I would not consider on my daily driver.