LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

weird start problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird start problem

please read everything before skipping over

ok so yesterday when i got out of work and my car wouldn't strat i turned the key over and nothing, but the security light was on. so i disconnected the postive terminal of the battery and it was corruted. so i cleaned it up and went to start it and it fired right up no problems. the security light was off.

so then today i just got gas and when i went to fire it up, nothing. so i did the battery again, nothing. the security light was on again. so afer a variety of trial an error and waiting a while, the security light turned off and it fired right up.

to me its acting like the cpu is locking me out, like i am trying to break into it.

when it starts, it starts right up no problems. while it is running it runs excellent and pulls hard, no loss of power.

any help would be appreciated to what it might be.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your VATS system needs to be bypassed or you will need to replace your lock cylinder. Was your key wet? Is your key worn out or worn down pretty good? Is your key dirty? If you answer no to all of these, you will probably have to bypass VATS or replace the lock cylinder. I had a key that was worn out and causing the same problem. I got a new key and it was fixed. If you wanna do the cheapest thing possible, go to the chevy dealer and get your key code number (1-15). Then, buy a resistor and follow the directions to bypass as demonstrated on shbox.com.

Quick Reply: weird start problem