LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

If you have domed pistons ENTER

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default If you have domed pistons ENTER

OK this is thread 3 pertaining to the same subject.
1. I have searched and read all articles pertaining to this
2. I am NOT a kid or noob to engine builds
3. I have not found the answer to my questions ANYWHERE
4. I have spoken with many members who know their ****
5. I want to hear from you if you have a domed piston currently.

If you have a domed piston in your setup give me the low down. What is your compression SCR/DCR, are you able to run pump gas, what is your results.What cam are you running, more interested in abdc.

If you must know here is where I am. I have bought everything and all was well until I tried to order a custom cam. I have been told things that go against what I personally know( ie you can't run more than 10.5:1 etc.), but at the same time I am beginning to question myself. I am always sure of myself, but leave room for that ever so important constructive criticism.
My build so far:
3.48 4340 crank
4340 h beams 6"
Mahle 11cc domed pistons
9.025 4.030 block
splayed
coated bearings
AFR 190 68cc (flow 280 @ .550)

I have more but thats the relevant stuff for what I am after. Pistons as above are .035 in the hole (same as factory).

I greatly appreciate any and all responses fellows! Its hard to put together 10k and have the doubt that it MIGHT work lol
Old 03-11-2008 | 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone?????????
Old 03-11-2008 | 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, I don't know the details but ProjectZ28 ( Brian ) on CamaroZ28 has a 355 with domed pistons and AFR heads. He can probably help answer your questions.
Old 03-12-2008 | 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^^Thanks I will hunt him down and find out what he is dealing with! I have another on yet another forum finishing his now as well and he is bigger than what i am running so I am kinda satlling to see what happens there as well. Again Thanks.
I also want to thank everyone who has pmed me for their knowledge and opinions. I am taking it all in and just have yet to decide what I want to do for sure. I will keep ya posted.
Jack

Quick Reply: If you have domed pistons ENTER