LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Delteq or LTCC with FAST?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008 | 08:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delteq or LTCC with FAST?

ok, i'm running a stock pcm w/ the FAST system controlling the engine. will Delteq or LTCC work with the FAST? i'm really concerned about running the opti w/ the new GT47-88 that i'm installing. any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2008 | 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

No. I called FAST about this same thing and they told me it would not work. They refered me to someone that was developing a coil on plug setup for the LT1 that removed the opti completely using the FAST boxes. I ended up going a this route. Its a pretty cool setup. Works good.
Old 03-20-2008 | 09:37 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

SCTA, You have a reference guy or pics of said setup? I'm curious to see how you eliminated the opti altogether.

The Delteq will work but you'll have problems and frankly not worth the effort or $. Go on CZ28 and search in the FI section to see what I'm saying. Opti is fine as long as you aren't spinning 7K and beyond. Personally 6500 is max I'd go.
Old 03-20-2008 | 09:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SCTA
No. I called FAST about this same thing and they told me it would not work. They refered me to someone that was developing a coil on plug setup for the LT1 that removed the opti completely using the FAST boxes. I ended up going a this route. Its a pretty cool setup. Works good.
Yes, please provide more info on your setup. What is it using for a trigger?
Old 03-20-2008 | 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

joseph at Texas Speed tried to talk me into drilling a distributer into it while the motor was out, but i thought that would be too much trouble. wish i'd listened now. i have no plans of running past 6200 on this motor, but i'm always worried about the opti and the cast steel crank. to push this brick as fast as we have, i'm just concerned about what could happen when we put the new turbo on and push it a little more.

SCTA, could you pm me about FAST's solution also.

thanks fella's.
Old 03-20-2008 | 08:42 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fast has a box called the XIM that controls the coils. You can see it says that in his sig. I'm not sure what he would be using for the rest. Perhaps a crank trigger?
Old 10-24-2008 | 01:15 PM
Teching In

Default XMI Box Crank Trigger

I think your refering to a guy in Texas "Marin of Martin Motion". He makes a compete setup with a XMI crank trigger that replaces the OPTI (I have not see it) and it is pricey compared to LTCC. He told me he did a lot of R&D on this product and it also must use the FAST XIM controller and I already have the FAST FXI computer. There are coils to purchase, harnesses, brackets, etc.

I am still waiting on Bob Bailey on some questions I have about his harnesses. I have read about too many mistakes on this board on other products. A few of us on this board are turning 7500 to 8000 rpms and stock GM Opti's are probably Not the best solution, nor MSD.

Quick Reply: Delteq or LTCC with FAST?