LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT Caprice motor vs. F-body LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure is a shame to see that car die, but at least its giving its life (whats left of it) towards putting another one on the road for longer. If ya dont mind me asking what does someone pay for a car like that. Always had dreams of buying something like that for cheap and then find a cheap roller and building something sweet for pennies compared to buying it just like that if it was running/driving.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by B-Rad420
Sure is a shame to see that car die, but at least its giving its life (whats left of it) towards putting another one on the road for longer. If ya dont mind me asking what does someone pay for a car like that. Always had dreams of buying something like that for cheap and then find a cheap roller and building something sweet for pennies compared to buying it just like that if it was running/driving.
Honestly I'm not sure, wasn't a whole lot I think prob less than 2000 I think. Can't say exactly, not my car it was mainly bought for the motor that was in it to be sold and the guy needs the VSS off the trans. He was told it was a different motor but it showed up with a different one. The guy who owns it now said I could have the front sheetmetal cuz he helped me track parts for when I was rebuilding my car. If I would have known all the damage done to my car before I (my parents) bougt it, probably wouldn't have got it. The coresupport was seperated at the spot welds on one side which caused all sorts of headaches
Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Teching In

If I wasn't a freshman in college, with no job, I would get the car, go find another one with decent rear sheetmetal and build a sleeper. I just love the styling on 68-72 Cutlass's.

Quick Reply: LT Caprice motor vs. F-body LT1?