LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car Stalled, Wont Turn over, Bad Starter and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Stalled, Wont Turn over, Bad Starter and flywheel

I was driving to work tuesday, car had started fine, ran fine. Got to the last corner going to my work, was waiting for a clean opening to turn. When i got that opening, I hit my gas, Nothing. I looked over to make sure I wasnt in neutral, I wasn't. I then put my car into 1st (Its an automatic) and hit gas again, once again nothing.

I looked over at my gauges, everything is blanked, car was off. The "Check Gauges" light was on however. I attempted to start the car again, it wouldn't turn over, attempted it a few times. Nothing.

I was forced to push my car the rest of the 1/4 mile to my work. Got to work, asked my co-worker for a jump, I thought maybe my battery had drained while the was off because of my sound system. Nothing, wouldn't turn over. I took off my alternator and had it checked at the AutoZone down the street, good.

I then took it up to a local shop, they called me back today and told me my Flywheel had teeth missing and my starter had the nose busted off. Or something to that extent. Thats the obvious reason why my car wasn't starting. Now the problem is, why did my car stall?

Its a 94 Camaro, 87K miles. I did an oil change 3 days before this happened. I doubt that had anything to do with it however. My car has a stock 180degree thermostat, I actually ordered a 160 last week, arrived today. Bad timing I guess. Car has been running fine, started fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I haven't even beaten on it, i try and baby it as much as I can.

Anyone have any suggestions or had a similar experience and can tell me what the **** happened to my car?

Its 900$ alone to fix the flywheel and starter and towing... *sigh*
Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a starter for sale if you are in need of one.
sorry to hear about the problem!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already ordered all the parts. Thanks for the offer though.

Quick Reply: Car Stalled, Wont Turn over, Bad Starter and flywheel