LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 race....civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what his mods are, if you are on slicks and he's on street tires you are going to rape him based on what you have...

I ran a civic way back in the day with a turbo and nitrous and it was a built 4 door GSR motor and I raped him when i had just bolt ons and nitrous.... I was running like 11.50's..... I had him by so many cars I slowed down to let him catch up then jumped back on it and still won by like 12 cars.....

By running street tires he is telling you he wants to get drug. If he is going to let you run slicks to his street tires he's an idiot. his only chance is to keep it close by the 1/8th mile and then trap you cuz his car is light and makes good power up high..... if you're out on him 20 cars (which you will be with his street tires) it won't matter....
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
My buddy does this too, he'll say part of what he has and lie about not having anything else. If you're just going to race someone, just tell them what you have, or don't open your mouth at all -_- "It's just an LT1 with exhaust" except for the cam and 1.6RRs, tune... (that's an example, but something my friend would do).

Just kind of seems like that's what the Civic guy is doing.
I had a simular situation on a long street, back in the day when I ran my Mazda 626 against a Focus, I later heard that he had a turbo, well I hope that he did'nt cause if he did he needed to give it more boost, and I never heard a blow off valve, and I was too close to him in a N/A auto with 97 BHP@ 3,000lb curb weight, with a buddy ridding shot gun and some aftermarket stuff, so do not beleive the rumors, have him pop the hood if you are worried and I agree full discloser or no discloser, it is full speed or nothing
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol Well, it can still have a BOV and not make a sound. It'll be intake vented instead of vented to the atmosphere. Most factory turbo cars are like this, and it's simple to make them noisy (atmosphere) by just removing the intake tube that leads to it I found this out on my buddy's 89 Volvo 740 GLE (FUN FUN FUN car lol You wouldn't think so) and there is NOTHING funnier than a old person car slightly over boosted making the classic BOV sound. This pic still cracks me up:

Factory, they only go about 1/5th into the yellow

Anyways I lined up against a 19?? 3000GT with who knows. Don't know if it was VR2, AWD or turbo. What I do know is the light turned and a dumb *** jumped out infront of him so we didn't get to go. I still kept it hammered though and the next light turned red. He didn't bother, so either he figured he had no chance, or something... My guess would be just a N/A 3.0 then, which I beat in my fully stock TPI 91 'Bird.

Quick Reply: lt1 race....civic