LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So I bought a TA to swap over too... Looking for some thoughts & Showing Progess

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I bought a TA to swap over too... Looking for some thoughts & Showing Progess

I found a Trans Am, 95 with a deal I could not pass up. I am swapping over my motor and tranny, doing all the suspension and brake changes but this way my interior is done and I am having some more fun along the way.

Here is what I have posted else where:

When I found the car for 1800 running this is what it looked like:

We picked it up and drove it back, started cleaning and swapping etc.

However The car's theme will pretty much match KARR, those who know most Trans Am Owners like KITT etc I thought I would go to other route since KITT gets used to often.
I plan on keeping my Green but I am thinking about doing a Silver top. It would not be an exact match but I am currently taking a poll of Gunmetal or Silver for the top. To give you an idea of the theme I will be following while painting here you go: (For now the Color that is for sure is my Dark Metallic Nissan Green, much Darker then the Camaro's Polo Green) On of the Sexiest 93-97 F-Bodys I have seen on here.. and he is thinking fo Selling it o.O!

So here she is now, and things are going forward. Also John went forward with the Firebird dash in the Camaro as I did. (I included pics of his progress too)
So after this whole long few days of fun the Wheel is off and ready for the LSx Brake Swap. I am so tired today though... However here are the pics so far, and whats been done:

1) Started pulling the LT4 out of the Camaro, Radiator, condenser, opti and water pump are off. (Along with TB etc). I have been removing the Engine Harness and I found some useless brackets to get rid of lol.
2) John started redoing the interior swap and the Firebird dash is now in the Camaro. I started cleaning my interior and trying to get it to smell fresh. I need to clean it but until the T56 is in there is no point.
3) Removed the Passenger Side Wheel by removing the Caliper and Hub. The tire shop was not able to get the lug off even o.O
4) Heather Cleaned out her car and we put my Spare and such in her car.
5) Swapped on the RK Sport Hood to my Trans Am giving the Trans Am to be sold the Hood that came with mine. Also swapped out the mirror that was broken on mine.
6) Put on the Holley Throttle Body, Def-Screened maf, CAI and Strut Bar.
7) C5 Rims are now on my car, The TA rims on Heathers and we will be swapping Johns Rims on the Camaro.
8) Swapped my Alpine into Heathers car, we are doing the speakers as well. John has been working on His radio swapping too.

There is still a lot more to be done but the pics will show what we have been going through... and Jared Failing to bring the Cherry Picker really did not help.

However with John working on the interiors, radios etc things have been moving along.

Much more to do but with Jared working on his project leaving me and John to do what we can with tools not available as they were promised.... I think were making good progress.
Here are the pics:

Johns Progress getting the Firebird Dash in the Camaro:

As you can see so far I have gotten the RK-Sport Hood on it over the one it came with, def a nice trade. I am working on the motor swap and suspension this week too.

One of the lugs was not coming off, As you can see I gave it too a shop and they went after it with an air chisel and got no where... I finally got it off though lol. My wife wanted the rims so I got her another rim after this one became a spare lol.

I hope in nor more then two weeks to have it ready to go as well as hoping to have it cleaned up and painted in another 20 or so days after that. I am cleaning a few things up while I am doing this, replacing some gaskets I think are not doing their job on the Intake Manifold. Finishing the removal of all the EGR and putting on my Block Off Plates and finally getting it Dyno tuned since its OBDI I can get that done with ease now. (It will be going to NicD and no one else)

The Camaro went to my good friend John who is always here helping and we will be selling his Formula Firebird with the motor and Tranny out of this Trans Am and the other hood shortly here.

---Update from this afternoons work---
I took of the Holley and sent it to Pat35 I believe it is here, were trading so I will be going to a Nice BBK 52MM We should both be happy with the results
So I am almost finished with the Brake Swap then I will start the Rear Suspension and then I shold have all my new gaskets and OptiSpark Module from DynaSpark for the LT4 and I will start that install and conversion.

Its nice how easy it is with these cars to upgrade the brakes. I am going to a Bigger Rotor and 2 Pistion Caliper using stock parts and its a nice improvement.

I am now trying to finish my choice on paint so I can order new rotors with painted hub centers, also paint the calipers. Looks like Gunmetal is winning by a land slide though lol. So Gunmetal will be the cars other theme color... I will have to try and use that over black all the time as I seem to do.

Pics of everything being setup for now:

Last edited by Cross; 07-16-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: So I bought a TA to swap over too... Looking for some thoughts & Showing Progess