Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Hypertech Thermostat

How would I go about installing this?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Do this when the engine is cool (like after sitting overnight or for several hours where there is no residual pressure in the system). This way there will be no need to drain any extra coolant from the system.
You will have to remove the intake elbow.
Stuff absorbent rags or towels all around the thermostat housing to catch any coolant when you take the housing loose. Not a lot will come out. Just keep it off your optispark.
Swap the thermostats and put the housing back on. Don't overtighten the bolts, they can easily break (torque to 89 lb. in. - "snug"). No gasket or sealant is needed other than the rubber o-ring that is on the thermostat, itself.
Put everything back together and put whatever amount of coolant you lost back into the remote reservoir. After a few heat and cool cycles, the system will pull back in any coolant that was lost.
Idle the engine and monitor the temp. If the temp goes abnormally high, you may have an air pocket. Open the bleeder screws after the thermostat is open to remove any air. Only a stream of coolant will come out when all air is gone and there will be no spitting or hissing.
Close screws and monitor the temp."

quoted from shbox.com
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

super simple! I did this 2 days ago on my car!