LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

front air dam

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front air dam

got a quick question..my 95 t/a doesnt have the air dam and some of the plastic inner wheel well stuff. well i went and picked it all up today, but i have no idea what order/where the pieces go.(theyve been off for over a year) and also i need to get some new bolts and those push-in style clips. if anyone has a good pic of how the airdam setup and the other plastics go on id really appreciate it!! and also, where should i go to get the bolts/clips? stealership? Thanks,
James
Old 08-17-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

So you have an air dam and two wheelwells to put on?

For the hardware you could try Advanced, PEP boys, etc., for the push pins and bolts or definitely get the right pieces from the dealer - I believe they still offer them.

The air dam bolts right on, nothing hard about it - uses two different size bolts (little ones on each end)

Wheelwells shouldn't be hard either - just stick 'em in there.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SnakeOiler
So you have an air dam and two wheelwells to put on?

For the hardware you could try Advanced, PEP boys, etc., for the push pins and bolts or definitely get the right pieces from the dealer - I believe they still offer them.

The air dam bolts right on, nothing hard about it - uses two different size bolts (little ones on each end)

Wheelwells shouldn't be hard either - just stick 'em in there.

thanks for the quick reply. its the airdam,wheelwells, and pretty much all the plastic parts that go underneath the front end. i know its easy... some of the plastics just overlap eachother and whatnot, so i wanted to find out exactly what goes where. don't want my car to looked all hacked up etc. anyone have a pic? ill be going to the dealer first thing tomorrow for the clips/bolts
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

come on guys i know someone has to have a pic of the underneath of their front end on a lt1 t/a!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Here is an exploded view of the front end, this should help you get orientation of the pieces. If you have new pieces, they should have the j-clips already installed - just remember when putting two pieces together the j-clips should be the backside panel.

http://shbox.com/1/front_end_sheet_metal_camaro.jpg
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

ok...so i can not find these ****** bolts ANYWHERE. they are no longer available to be ordered from the dealer so i got the dimensions on the bolt...went to 4 diff stores, and no one has anything close. said theyve never heard of a metric 6.3 bolt. and none of the piece of **** junkyards around here sell screws. any ideas??!?!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

For those clips and screws I went to Napa, I will try to get a P/N when I get home. But Iused those screws for essential the front end, even for headlight mount ect.

Also, I would get the front air dam on asap to ensure you car doesn't overheat and give you some real problems.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ws6chicken
For those clips and screws I went to Napa, I will try to get a P/N when I get home. But Iused those screws for essential the front end, even for headlight mount ect.

Also, I would get the front air dam on asap to ensure you car doesn't overheat and give you some real problems.
actually i went to a friends house to borrow the same bolt out of his t/a so i could try to find something near the same size....his dad ended up having some screws that fit perfect! problem solved! my car has an EWP and 160tstat..even without the air dam it never went past 195. that was with keeping the RPMs under 2500 for the most part, and i never drive it far anyways. thanks for all the help guys

Quick Reply: front air dam