LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyou03
I think everyone here has visited my site lt1engine.com at some time or another and still after 5 years up I haven't built up a huge lt1 tech community. I get about 5 new users a week. I just don't think the lt1tech community is that big anymore.
Your site is GREAT! I don't know why it doesn't have a larger db of people on there. Hopefully this little endeavor works out. I was actually hoping to tap you for some resources in this new project.

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Hey man, when your ready let me know. I'm willing to help get the forum up and running, and skin it. Check out this forum I just skinned for a CS clan

vbgclan.com

Let me know man, I have a pretty big background with VBulletin.
I'll DEFINITELY be in contact with you. I'm halfway good with the basics of VBulletin but am GOING to need someone experienced with the finer details to help run it.

Everyone, right now the donations have stacked to $110. With the $30 tomorrow, once I get some personal stuff out of the way I should be ordering the VBulletin subscription and hopefully getting it installed and on line in a very infant state late tomorrow evening. Keep you all posted!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Your site is GREAT! I don't know why it doesn't have a larger db of people on there. Hopefully this little endeavor works out. I was actually hoping to tap you for some resources in this new project.
Thanks, I hope for the best with your new site. What did you have in mind?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I hope for the best with your new site. What did you have in mind?
Technical Database stuff. Your write-ups are GREAT. I'm actually going to be using your fuel line write-up when I install my braided stuff for my new setup. I'd like to do a collaboration with you if at all possible because you've really built a nice database of information there.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I've been doing websites for the past 13 years. I have experience with phpbb, vbulletin, mysql, wordpress, and many other scripts. I would be willing to help and give back to the community.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I'll DEFINITELY be in contact with you. I'm halfway good with the basics of VBulletin but am GOING to need someone experienced with the finer details to help run it.

Everyone, right now the donations have stacked to $110. With the $30 tomorrow, once I get some personal stuff out of the way I should be ordering the VBulletin subscription and hopefully getting it installed and on line in a very infant state late tomorrow evening. Keep you all posted!!!
I'll start skinning a demo site Friday and have it ready for public view by Saturday! I'll just demo it on the vbgclan forum. wewt. Glad I could help. I can't donate unfortunately, just lost my job, but I can give as much graphic design as we need. I love graphic design man, love it.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Technical Database stuff. Your write-ups are GREAT. I'm actually going to be using your fuel line write-up when I install my braided stuff for my new setup. I'd like to do a collaboration with you if at all possible because you've really built a nice database of information there.
We could just take his faqs and make a section like this, built right into the forum.

Example:
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/faq.php

The more info we have at launch the better. We want people to come in and stay.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
We could just take his faqs and make a section like this, built right into the forum.

Example:
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/faq.php

The more info we have at launch the better. We want people to come in and stay.
Having a forum is cool but I take heavy offense to taking all of my how-to articles. Ask the owner of shbox.com. We put alot of time and effort for someone else to just copy and paste. I'm all for supporting and contributing to an lt1 tech community thats why i created lt1engine.com.

Copying the lt1 engine torque specs, engine specs and weight specs is fine but copying the how-to guides is not.

Last edited by luckyou03; 09-04-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

I can change the LTX Shootout board however we need. If we start getting more membership and sponsors then there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use it. The shootout classes are already organized into a category and sub-forums and we can further categorized them if needed.

Everyone take a look at the LTX Shootout board and give recommendations on how you would like to see then forums categorized. The board has already made good headway on the internet and web searches/indexes due to the recent interest and success of the LTX Shootout. Also, we can point several domain names to the forums if we want to easily draw more people in.

http://www.ltxshootout.com/forums/

Kyle
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TX20D
I can change the LTX Shootout board however we need. If we start getting more membership and sponsors then there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use it. The shootout classes are already organized into a category and sub-forums and we can further categorized them if needed.

Everyone take a look at the LTX Shootout board and give recommendations on how you would like to see then forums categorized. The board has already made good headway on the internet and web searches/indexes due to the recent interest and success of the LTX Shootout. Also, we can point several domain names to the forums if we want to easily draw more people in.

http://www.ltxshootout.com/forums/

Kyle

Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Having a forum is cool but I take heavy offense to taking all of my how-to articles. Ask the owner of shbox.com. We put alot of time and effort for someone else to just copy and paste. I'm all for supporting and contributing to an lt1 tech community thats why i created lt1engine.com.

Copying the lt1 engine torque specs, engine specs and weight specs is fine but copying the how-to guides is not.
I think there just needs to be a "useful links" page with your site on it, as well as shbox and lt1info if Alex gets it up and going. (With all your permission of course) There's a hell of alot of good info your site. I think we need to be sending people to your site, not just transferring all the good info you have onto our own page...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Guys, lets not forget that we already have LS1LT1.com. They already have a great sponsor base and almost 9,000 members. We might even be able to convince them to give us a bigger or separate LT1 section.

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/index.php
Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Luckyou03, write-ups will NOT be copied. At all. NOTHING will be copied. I'd like to do links to, ect, with the owners permissions.

Given that I've already secured webspace and we've gotten the better part of the money raised for the VB subscritption, I think this is going to be a forge-ahead with LTxTech.com as this has generated the most excitement, otherwise all effort to this point will have been a waste in a sense. It was talked about doing work with LTxShootout and other forums, but the biggest buzz was for the LT1's to have their own dedicated technical community. LTXshootout is great for shootout talk, but in my own as well as others opinions apparently, a more techincal based site is what is wanted.

LS1LT1.com, while a great site, is just another version of LS1Tech where both of the "Modern" engines are represented, which is good in itself, but not what the LT1 Community NEEDS.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

I didn't mean it like that, sorry. I meant it as, we could use whatever supporting faqs we get and organize them similar to the link shown. I didn't mean to imply that we would rob you, sorry
Old 09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem, sounds good.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Up... We should be good to go sometime Sunday night, just waiting on Fastbird to get back from his roadtrip. Any more donations would be much appreciated, now is the time for all you LT1 boys to help out!

He listed his paypal account above, and every dollar counts!

And thanks to all who have contributed so far!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm sorry, but your Opti install is actually mine. You or someone directly copied and pasted it off of LS1tech or SFFBA.net (because those are the only two places I posted it). It's actually still on here minus the pics because I accidentally deleted them off of my photobucket. At least give me credit for what's mine

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...950&highlight=

And if you don't believe me, the last two pics in the write-up with the msd opti are pics of my engine bay lol.

I hope this didn't come off as mean or offensive, it's just that I was pretty damn pissed when I saw that lol. I was like who the **** stole my ****! Now I know. It's all good though. Just give me credit at least
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badzee
I hope this didn't come off as mean or offensive, it's just that I was pretty damn pissed when I saw that lol. I was like who the **** stole my ****! Now I know. It's all good though. Just give me credit at least
I am sure it was an accident, and credit will be given where it should.

I still have pics from my latest venture into my engine, so I could still make the opti write up I had been thinking of before... It would be for LTxTech.com but I dont think I would have a problem with people using/linking it.... As long as its going to help someone somewhere.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

I posted that in refference to him saying that he takes offense when people copy and paste his information because of the time put into making the write-up.. well I feel the same way.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badzee
I posted that in refference to him saying that he takes offense when people copy and paste his information because of the time put into making the write-up.. well I feel the same way.
No I hear ya, I know why you posted it. I am sure he dident know though, or else I am sure he would have asked you first. He will more than likely check this thread again and see what you said.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA
No I hear ya, I know why you posted it. I am sure he dident know though, or else I am sure he would have asked you first.
What do you mean he didn't know lol.. I'm sure he knew he didn't write it

Quick Reply: LT1 Tech