LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Tech

Looks like that site is finally dead (as in non-existent) now. I used to post there alot way back when. I've seen a few of the posters from there on this site. That sucks since it used to actually have a decent amount of traffic and was LT specific. Oh well, seems like that site has been at a stand-still for a couple of years now.

There were alot of good guys on that website, alot of whom steered me in the right direction when I was a newb. I hope that some of them have made their way to this site.

*I'm not sure if this is supposed to be posted in this section or not. If so, I apologize. I just wanted to see if anyone else on this site drifted from LT1tech like myself.*
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to be on there quite a bit, but when it got to the point of the same 10-15 guys doing ALL the posting, I left. Especially considering that there was no site maintenance being performed. It was a lost cause in my eyes.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used to read LTtech back when it was decent, but never really got into posting there... Main reason being it was going downhill...
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
I used to be on there quite a bit, but when it got to the point of the same 10-15 guys doing ALL the posting, I left. Especially considering that there was no site maintenance being performed. It was a lost cause in my eyes.
Yeah, I remember you from the site. I agree totally with what you said. The guy that owns the site seemed to have absolutely no interest in it by the time I got there. I kept hearing of updating the site, but no action.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Hello from a Mod ,,,,,
Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by timelord
Hello from a Mod ,,,,,
Well look who the cat dragged in! How you getting along these days?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by timelord
Hello from a Mod ,,,,,

I heard Mods are over rated
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

I am doing well thank you.

After 2 years of running around in circles we finally got the 396 together and in the car.

First time out I ran 11.97 with a slipping tranny.

I had it fixed and will be racing Sunday,I will let you know what I run with the fixed tranny!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

i went to lt1tech.com and i couldn't create a ******* usename/PW so i said, **** it and went here to see if the ls1 guys might know...but it has a section for lt's so im all good.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KadinZ
i went to lt1tech.com and i couldn't create a ******* usename/PW so i said, **** it and went here to see if the ls1 guys might know...but it has a section for lt's so im all good.
Alot of people were having that problem, but the guy that owns the website just never really seemed to care.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder how much interest there would be in a new LT1Tech website?? I know there's a pretty good technical db here and on CamaroZ28.com for the LT1 guys, but we really never had our "Own" home save for LT1Tech which sadly went downhill. What do you guys think? If interest is there, I'd be willing to set it up and get it up and running on my own dime.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Another Transplant

Originally Posted by 97Z28LT1
Looks like that site is finally dead (as in non-existent) now. I used to post there alot way back when. I've seen a few of the posters from there on this site. That sucks since it used to actually have a decent amount of traffic and was LT specific. Oh well, seems like that site has been at a stand-still for a couple of years now.

There were alot of good guys on that website, alot of whom steered me in the right direction when I was a newb. I hope that some of them have made their way to this site.

*I'm not sure if this is supposed to be posted in this section or not. If so, I apologize. I just wanted to see if anyone else on this site drifted from LT1tech like myself.*

I started there, then (after discovering this site) I moved as well - more traffic, more info, etc...
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds interesting
Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its like alot of other LT1 stuff...not supported....no development...lack of new parts. Eventually we will be pushed into an LSx based motors just for that simple fact. Not so much the website Im sure as it is just LTx becoming a more rare breed. Which is why I refuse to convert!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Launching!

I wonder how much interest there would be in a new LT1Tech website?? I know there's a pretty good technical db here and on CamaroZ28.com for the LT1 guys, but we really never had our "Own" home save for LT1Tech which sadly went downhill. What do you guys think? If interest is there, I'd be willing to set it up and get it up and running on my own dime.

I'd join and help out anyway I could, but I fear there wouldn't be enough members to justify having a strictly LT1 site. If there was enough interest kept in the site from the mods, as well as a few sponsors, it would probably work if given enough time.

If you were to go through with it, would they let you advertise an LT1 forum here on LS1tech? Or is that a big no-no? Maybe they could just sticky a "useful links" thread with that site at the top, along with lt1engine among others.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97Z28LT1
I'd join and help out anyway I could, but I fear there wouldn't be enough members to justify having a strictly LT1 site. If there was enough interest kept in the site from the mods, as well as a few sponsors, it would probably work if given enough time.

If you were to go through with it, would they let you advertise an LT1 forum here on LS1tech? Or is that a big no-no? Maybe they could just sticky a "useful links" thread with that site at the top, along with lt1engine among others.
Your reasons are right in line with mine for not doing it so far. Lack of members given the great resources here and on CamaroZ28. Advertising that forum here would be a bad etiquette thing even if it was allowed. I wouldn't do that.

Now, if the owners of LS1Tech saw fit, what about a sub-site of LS1 Tech that's set up for the LT1 community, with more expanded sections like Dyno Results, For Sale, Forced Induction/Nitrous, Tech, appearance, ect. It would help muddle out the LT1 stuff from the LS1 Tech main sections, and give the oodles of LT1 guys here their own section to really put their heads together.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your reasons are right in line with mine for not doing it so far. Lack of members given the great resources here and on CamaroZ28. Advertising that forum here would be a bad etiquette thing even if it was allowed. I wouldn't do that.

Now, if the owners of LS1Tech saw fit, what about a sub-site of LS1 Tech that's set up for the LT1 community, with more expanded sections like Dyno Results, For Sale, Forced Induction/Nitrous, Tech, appearance, ect. It would help muddle out the LT1 stuff from the LS1 Tech main sections, and give the oodles of LT1 guys here their own section to really put their heads together.
Let me know if you do something to this effect, I would be very interested in helping out if you need any. It could either be a sublet of this site like you said, or a completely new LT1tech.com. An LT1 exclusive site can work, we just need guys like Fastbird93 in charge that actually care about the site.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA
Let me know if you do something to this effect, I would be very interested in helping out if you need any. It could either be a sublet of this site like you said, or a completely new LT1tech.com. An LT1 exclusive site can work, we just need guys like Fastbird93 in charge that actually care about the site.
Exactly. We have to keep interest with the mods, site owner, and members up in order for it to work. There was alot of good guys on lt1tech. Some of whom I'm still in contact with, although they aren't on any forums anymore. I know some of the guys posting here helped me tremendously when I was a newb, and that's what I really liked about it. People who have no idea who you are helping the best they can to fix your problems and answer your questions from hundreds or thousands of miles away.

A sublet of this site would be good, but I doubt they would go for it. If it went through, people will be asking for a Modular Ford Section, an Import section, more sections for GenI motors, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it, but if they cater to us, they gotta do the same for everyone.

If you did make a new site, I think getting it started would be the hardest thing. Kinda hard to get that stuff up and going and keeping interest at the same time, especially when there's less than 100 members with nothing wrong with their cars.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

It could still work, but your right about the sublet on this site and making everyone happy. So that would more than likely not be possible.

It shouldent be hard to keep interest, because since LT1tech is down for good now, I am sure LOTS more than 100 people are out there looking for an LT1 specific site (even if they just come here and post in this section, I have seen alot of new guys lately).

We would just need to catch all those people floating around, and I for one would be posting here still AND there. All you need is a dedicated owner, and a few good mods that are on alot to help out.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been there a few times...but i guess they were about to shut it down cause i couldnt get a S/N or anything

Quick Reply: LT1 Tech