LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt a sublet of this site would happen, and here's why: This site is owned by Internet Brands. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm a supporting vendor over on the Corvette Forum also owned by internet brands, and their prices are STEEP for most things that cost. They're in it for money though, not the enthusiast. It's business.

Ok, here's what I've got so far. I've have a free domain registration waiting to be used right now. LT1Tech.org and .net are both available, and LTxTech.com is available. What would you guys want?? To get us started if we really want to go through with this, I'll front the money for the domain and web space, and if someone wants to help out or we want to pool in for a new Vbulletin registration that would be awesome. I'll set everything up (I run speeddensity.org for those that don't know) and get us going asap.

Mods, if this post doesn't float, give us a chance to collect info and let us take it to PM please. We're not in comp with LS1 tech, we are just looking to create a permanent home for us LT1 guys.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think the mods will have a problem, we arent badmouthing the site. I for one will be posting on both if it happens, and like I said I am available and online enough to help with the site if you need it (I dont know how else I could really help, other than being a mod and donating some $$$ )

I think the LTxTech.com might be the best, everyone can remember that... AND it covers ALL LT1s!

So let me know, PM me if you would like to keep it private.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the consensus is LTxtech, I'll register it right now and start setting up a web space. I'm going to start small and work up as needed for the web space so I'm not out too much out of pocket. I run speeddensity.org on pretty minimal web sapce with around 500 members and haven't gone over yet.

Oh, I'll keep posting over here too. I've got a reason with two hairdryers to keep posting here.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha yep, I love that color by the way.... That vette looks great.

I am sure it sounds even better
Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA
Haha yep, I love that color by the way.... That vette looks great.

I am sure it sounds even better
Actually it's pretty subtle. And I like it that way.

http://www.fastbird93.com/Corvette/Vids/VetteTTIdle.WMV

Ok, checking out for a few (gotta take wifey to lunch). Get a consensus on what we want for a domain and I'll register it when I get back.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, same here.... Lunch and then a nice ride in the car

I will check back in a bit though, and yeah that is one of the more stealthy TT setups I have heard... Very nice though, its good to surprise the idiots
Old 08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys do know the shoot out has a good site forum with great user support?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
you guys do know the shoot out has a good site forum with great user support?

Kyle could customize it to all of our needs if needed. Add new sections..........etc
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Didn't know that. How about a link.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Didn't know that. How about a link.
X2

I'd be interested.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97Z28LT1
A sublet of this site would be good, but I doubt they would go for it. If it went through, people will be asking for a Modular Ford Section, an Import section, more sections for GenI motors, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it, but if they cater to us, they gotta do the same for everyone.
I believe they already DO cater to others. Look at the top of LS1tech, you'll see the flaps for performance trucks, Mod motor tech, Modern hemi, and Wiki. How hard would it be to make another tab called "LTx Tech" and just move any LTx content to its own new 'sublet' ?!?! Any why wouldn't they go for it? Even if, god forbid, they had an import section... That just means it opens it up for a broader group to advertise to.

I'm game for LT1/LT4 specific stuff... I would love to at least have some seperate categories for the LTx stuff here. Maybe, General Engine Tech, Appearance, Tuning Tech, FI tech, Nitrous tech. I mean, I can get on here after being off for only a day or two and there's like 100 new posts and they vary so much since we only have this one spot to post LTx stuff. Just my thoughts..

Last edited by hyperzone; 08-29-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

An LTx site by itself would be awesome. That way LSx bastards that are not interested in LTx cars won't have a reason to be on there. And if they come to bash and not to contribute a ban would be easy.

The problem would be gathering up all the people together to agree on the ONE site. That would be what it truly needs. There are 3 boards I currently go to. 2 are already mentioned, but the 3rd has some good people on it.

Originally Posted by LSWHO
That way LSx bastards that are not interested in LTx cars won't have a reason to be on there. And if they come to bash and not to contribute a ban would be easy.
This right here would be a HUGE step up from ANY site currently going for LTx information. I have nothing against having LSx owners on there, but there are SO MANY lsx leghumpers out to rile up lt1 owners just to have a laugh. It gets SO OLD.

Hell I'd pay a membership fee if this site ever took off.

Last edited by LSWHO; 08-29-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWHO
The problem would be gathering up all the people together to agree on the ONE site. That would be what it truly needs. There are 3 boards I currently go to. 2 are already mentioned, but the 3rd has some good people on it.

I agree 100% with you.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97Z28LT1
I agree 100% with you.
The key would be to get the most knowledgable people on all the boards interested. Then when all the information goes to the one site, the rest migrate towards it.

Ha ha "If you build it, he will come."
Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody been to lt1engine.com? Its not the most "techy" site out ther but it does have alot of LT1 content on it. Its actually a nice site that nobody really knows about. BTW I was on lt1tech for a long time until it fizzed out. I am game for another LT1 specific site.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Another thing is the site needs to look professional. I looked at LT1tech and firstly saw a crappy site and then found no useful people.

If not pro looking at least make it not cheesy looking and go for a decent basic look. I can do logo design and graphics (you'd never know it by looking at my awful sig), but I never got into web design.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HERE is the LTx Soot out site.

I was a Mod at LT1Tech and it never really got the support from members was the down fall IMHO.

90% of the truely fast guys are members at the Shoot out site
Old 08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The problem with the shootout forum is that (and it's even in the name) it's geared for the shootouts.

I've been to LT1 Engine, just discovered it a few days ago. GREAT site, but seems to get no traffic. Kudos to who ever built it though, really well done.

So, here's the question. Do we get Kyle at the LTxShootout board to mod to be an overall LTx board, or do we jump ahead with an LTx board on it's own, or do we try to get an LTx section added to tech (I'm looking into this already).
Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Do we get Kyle at the LTxShootout board to mod to be an overall LTx board
See if he is game for this. Then the shootout can have it's own sub forums.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Launching!

The problem with the shootout forum is that (and it's even in the name) it's geared for the shootouts.

I've been to LT1 Engine, just discovered it a few days ago. GREAT site, but seems to get no traffic. Kudos to who ever built it though, really well done.
Adam something is the guy that did it. I think he's on here from time to time. Maybe he'll see it. It used to have a forum on it when first started. Just not enough traffic to justify keeping that up, so it went to the tech aid/file library type website. He is a heck of a guy. He's got alot of time into that website.

I think it'd be easier to work with a site that's already established as opposed to making a new one. I say see if the shootout guy wants to make it an LTx website. If not, go from there. I still say try and incorporate lt1engine.com in it somehow, sticky it for a link for audio/video stuff. Something to that effect. There's alot of good info on it that you don't get in just a forum site.

Quick Reply: LT1 Tech