LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Back from Pinks All Out Sonoma!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man.... according to ppl i talked to in the crowd there was only like 3-4 cars pulling serious wheelies.....

one made it in to the 16 (yellow El Camino)... I saw a pass later on that the el camino made and yeah he was pulling tires like 2 feet but nothing outrageous.....

The other was a 70 camaro owned by a guy I know Artie Pavia... He's got wheelie bars but he sets em really high so he can hang the hoops... and he was doin some good ones....

i hope i make it on there.... i don't know how many cameras were taping but seeing as how it was the armdrop passes the stands were packed and i assume they have cameras taping everywhere...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats just plan ol' Outrageous! fantastic!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Thanks man.... Remember my car started somewhere just like that..... I've owned it since it was new so it ran thru MANY setups..... keep it going and don't give up on it...... these LT1s have HUGE potential....
yeah im 19 so ive got some years to learn about some more things, but im getting pretty good with cars now.. i can blow some ppls minds on what i do know about them...alot of ppl dont expect it but when you grow up around them your whole life you kinda learn fast or you just dont learn.. but yea every pay check i get goes to my car pretty much haha...its getting there...im prolly going to keep this one pretty simple though and try to keep it in the 10s as i want to be able to drive it on the streets as well haha....i know 10s on the street. haha.. i want to build one with a built auto and stuff..
Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

I love my built auto..... Before this current motor i would drive it back and forth to work with a 4000 stall TH400...... Fun as hell..... No overdrive but ya get used to it...

Good luck with yours...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
I love my built auto..... Before this current motor i would drive it back and forth to work with a 4000 stall TH400...... Fun as hell..... No overdrive but ya get used to it... Good luck with yours...
good choice on the tranny man...i like the way you think..haha. ill either go the camaro with the lt1 way or do a fourth gen trans am with a built auto and a 400 pontiac motor crammed in the hole with the fuel injected system they make for it...i was actaully raised around gtos so...my dad has 3 69s and a 70..lol..one of the 69s is a true judge and the 70 is a gto judge convertable RAIII... look that up and see what its worth?? lol...it was inhereted to him by his father..he is in the process of restoring that after having it since 84 haha....about time huh?? lol.. when you have kids thats what you get so. but he loves his cars and i grew up around them and always tinkered around with him and then i got my first ride which was a 79 T/A 10th ann and i will never ever get rid of it as i inhereted that also from my grandfather and since then havent stopped loving the fbody...had 17 of them now and im 19..dont plan to ever stop owning them either..again though congrats
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 PM
9 Second Club

appreciate it man..... be careful of those pontiac 455's.... if that's what you intended. My brother in law had one and couldn't keep it together...

you 'd be better off putting a BBC in it....
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh man you just dissed me bro...haha yea i understand if you dont know what your doing on the 400 and 455 motors you are bound to totaly mess it up..my dad has no probs with them as he is a straight up pontiac man...you have to be specific and careful on the pontiac motor.. it likes what it needs and thats it..he has no probs with them at all..except for the time the shop balanced it as a bbc and totaly FU**ED it all up...it had 3 passes on the motor..and yes they are very picky..NO matter what anyone says though i will always have a passion for the 400 and 455 motors...thats what i started working on haha..
Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 PM
9 Second Club

go with what ya know...... 455's are good motors.... just dont rev em too high....
Old 09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah no ****...get them higher than 5 grand and your fucked thats the only downfall to them but they make their power way before a chevy motor does so you have no reason to be getting them past 5 grand either...they are so torquey too...i love the torque they put out..def a fun motor

Quick Reply: Back from Pinks All Out Sonoma!!!!