LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Attention All_ignition Buyers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention: Anyone who bought from All_ignition

If you have purchased an opti from this seller and had negative experience please give me your name, address, and contact number, and a detailed description of your problem, such as if you had to be towed, paid for repairs, or lost time from work etc. . I am seriously going after them and have a possible class action lawsuit against them. I cannot do it without your help. In addition to receiving justice we can shut them down from selling on Ebay! You should have some form of receipt or transaction that took place between you and them to qualify. As of right now I am negotiating with Ebay to stop the seller! If they do not produce any results then I will fire away!

Jack

I have pmed a mod about this prior to posting, never heard back so as far as I know all is good

here is a thread where I started it and the updates thus far.http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125549

Last edited by gatorhead; 09-22-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Confusing title
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man i asked them to send me a reciept and their cards and they never did....other than that the opti is doing good....what kind of problems are you having with them and what product did you buy??
Old 09-20-2008, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Reported today to the IC3 or Internet crimes division via the FBI!

If you are victim to this I NEED your name, address, telephone number and purchase date. They are going to contact me for the info and I don't have that many yet, I know there were alot out there who experienced this!

Jack
Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

who have experienced what?? you havent once stated your problem
Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jarretthise
Follow the thread to z28.com. It is explained in great detail.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This seller marketed OEM opti sparks on ebay. His ad hit the net with fury and hoards of people jumped on it. Many of which found out all too soon that what they received was in fact not OEM, and after install found that the product was not only counterfeit, but also defective. The seller will not return your money, will not return the warrantied product until after he personally inspects it, in which he takes his sweet time. When he does decide to ship another one you receive a faulty unit. After installing it once, and then having the reality of knowing the second one is just as bad who in their right minds would do it again?
The very very few people who have gotten one that works well or thought they did experienced failure after a few hundred miles. There are a small percentage of those who still have had no problems at all.
If that doesn't clear it up for you click on the above link I added and also you can see in there from the return letter I sent to Ebay a link from c28.com, thats where it started and its a blast to read, unless you have either unwittingly bought a unit or have a frsh one on, at which time you soon realize you too have been victimized by an Ebay supported Scam Artist!
You get the same exact symptoms of any failing opti if that is what you were referring to.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow **** lol...i bought an all ignition unit from him and am having no problems with it as of yet...sorry to hear that man..but i am really curious?? ac delco distributer house wont even sell one for less than 340 so what makes anyone think that its really OEM...i talked to him and he told me all about this item that your talking about and straight up told me it wasnt real ac delco pick up...it was a gm unit with a different pickup in it...so it is truely gm without the mitsubishi pickup that ac delco uses....before you go buy something cheap like that talk to the guy...HE HAD HIS NUMBER ON THE PAGE...his all igntion one isnt all that bad as of yet..ill let you know in a couple of months how it is doing..
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HE HAD HIS NUMBER ON THE PAGE
LOL he has had several numbers on his page, the one that was posted during my time wasn't in service. Also it said OEM, not like OEM.

Here is where you should read : http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show...ight=ebay+opti
Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

people are still buying from them? It's been known for a while they were a bad dealer.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

people are still buying from them? It's been known for a while they were a bad dealer.
Unfortunately so! He supposedly acknowledges that the "cheap units" are knockoffs now and offers a high performance one for $600 bux lol. For the record I had purchased mine awhile back and had it on the shelf for a backup, well I got a new dd Formula and it needed it, put it on and guess what lol.

UPDATE!!!!!
Dear Jack,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your suggestion.

I understand your suggestion and we do like hearing from you, but please
understand that any comments or materials you submit to us -- questions,
ideas, technical or creative suggestions, and so forth -- are considered
non-confidential and non-proprietary. That means they don't belong to
anyone and we have no obligation of any kind regarding them.

If you still want to submit your suggestion, please reply to this
message and I'll be glad to forward it to the appropriate team.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish you luck with
your future eBay transactions.

Sincerely,
Dorothy C.
eBay Customer Support

I have already forwarded this to IC3, BBB, CPA, and my Attorney General. Hopefully you will find them to be as intangible as I was. I merely stated the fact that I purchased an illigitimate item marketed by a seller that is still listing and selling on your site. Talk in all the circles you want to, your chance to resolve this civily has far been passed over. Basically what you have told me here in plain text is that what I have had to say and complain about legitimately is not your problem. We will see about that now won't we.

Sincerely,

Jack

Nice to know Ebay doesn't give a rats *** about this issue lol, I'm bringing the house down!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is hardcore, who would do such a thing when we already have a **** opti? They make it worse

lol!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorhead
Unfortunately so! He supposedly acknowledges that the "cheap units" are knockoffs now and offers a high performance one for $600 bux lol. For the record I had purchased mine awhile back and had it on the shelf for a backup, well I got a new dd Formula and it needed it, put it on and guess what lol.

UPDATE!!!!!
Dear Jack,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your suggestion.

I understand your suggestion and we do like hearing from you, but please
understand that any comments or materials you submit to us -- questions,
ideas, technical or creative suggestions, and so forth -- are considered
non-confidential and non-proprietary. That means they don't belong to
anyone and we have no obligation of any kind regarding them.

If you still want to submit your suggestion, please reply to this
message and I'll be glad to forward it to the appropriate team.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish you luck with
your future eBay transactions.

Sincerely,
Dorothy C.
eBay Customer Support

I have already forwarded this to IC3, BBB, CPA, and my Attorney General. Hopefully you will find them to be as intangible as I was. I merely stated the fact that I purchased an illigitimate item marketed by a seller that is still listing and selling on your site. Talk in all the circles you want to, your chance to resolve this civily has far been passed over. Basically what you have told me here in plain text is that what I have had to say and complain about legitimately is not your problem. We will see about that now won't we.

Sincerely,

Jack

Nice to know Ebay doesn't give a rats *** about this issue lol, I'm bringing the house down!
Yea, I had a bad experience a few days ago with eBay. Buyer bought some tires, and said they would pay when they got home from work. Well, we had a pick up for other tires people bought that day, so I shipped them out with the rest. No payment and I had to have them returned before delivery (thankfully). Month later, no payment still, after around 6 reminders and attempts to contact. FINALLY after I submit an unpaid item dispute, I get a reply. She says she still wants them, and will again pay at the end of the day. So I say I'll hold them till the next days' afternoon and that's it. Well, no surprise, still no payment. So I submit some stuff to eBay explaining the situation and even talked to a live help person on what to do. They forward me to an eBay Trusted-something or other, and I fill out a form. In the mean time I fill out that the buyer hasn't paid and I'd like the request payment that I"m out, thinking I'd get what I was actually out. Nope! I get $7.xx for the damn listing fees, and eBay says I'm SOL. Out $59 for shipping. Yea, I understand it's partially my fault on the matter, but all I was trying to do was be a good seller and get the item out ASAP :\

Moral of the story: Don't bother being nice and trusting, doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Not on eBay it doesn't. Its nothing like the forums where we actually have a much high rate of acceptance, trust and frankly honestly. Not to say the trolls are not here but compared to eBay I will sell to a forum member any day.

As for the thread OP... I have done this ride more then you know and your no where close to the amount of money I lost. In the end you lose, if over 6000 and even the local news doing stories about it got me no where your going to get the same surprise and pissed off outcome I got. Sorry. However I wish you luck either way, but you would be happier just flying over, kicking him in the nuts at night with a ski mask on and going home. Same amount of money or less and much more satisfying.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn i am really regreting buying from him now....i hope my freakin opti doesnt go out on me....he seemed like a nice guy, what a sad situation...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As for the thread OP... I have done this ride more then you know and your no where close to the amount of money I lost. In the end you lose, if over 6000 and even the local news doing stories about it got me no where your going to get the same surprise and pissed off outcome I got. Sorry. However I wish you luck either way, but you would be happier just flying over, kicking him in the nuts at night with a ski mask on and going home. Same amount of money or less and much more satisfying.
It truly is about the principle, I have been able to make contact with the authorities having jurisdiction and I will let them make waves, thats what they get paid to do. What bothers me at the moment is when I am requested for all contact information it is going to come down to me reaching all the buyers that had troubles similar to this, the more the better, since it was mailed it is Federal Fraud and if the amount gets high enough then racketeering also applies. I bought this back when it became the hot ticket and jumped into it blindly, I know alot of other folks did too, just seems now they are ashamed to admit it lol.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Update:
On October 02, 2008, the business provided the following information:
As we stated before, a full refund is simply just not an option as the part is no longer brand new or in a condition to be resold and more than 90 days have passed since the original sale date. At no time in our ebay selling history have we ever flat out refused a refund for an item less than 90 days old, regardless of condition. We have informed buyers that partial refunds are available, which many buyers have turned down and chosen the replacement part option instead. Also it is important to note that the unit was not installed by a professional mechanic as indicated in our terms and conditions, which can adversely affect the function of the part and has been the cause for many distributor failures in the past. Regarding your claim of the part being a counterfeit, the part was advertised exactly using the information given to us by the part manufacturer at that time, and in no way was intended to scam or mislead customers in any way, shape, or form. We have been selling this part for the last year without incident and our advertisements are accurate with concern to the part manufacturer. We cannot attest to the comments listed in forum posts online without confirming that their part was purchased from our company, but we can say with absolute certainty that the comment regarding the refund which took a year is 100% false, the only part that was true was the threatening letter. We would like to resolve this matter with you amicably and highly encourage you to first send the part back to us for defect evaluation. Once the part is received by us we can proceed with discussing with you your options for resolution as our return policy requires. To send the part back, please visit www.allignition.com and click on the returns link. Feel free to contact us anytime Monday to Friday 11am-4pm PST if you have any questions.
Cordially,
Kevin
Sales Manager
All-Ignition
831-621-1703
customerservice@all-ignition.com

The ad clearly stated "OEM LT1 OPTI SPARK DISTRIBUTOR 95 96 97 CORVETTE CAMARO" I have in front of me the copy of the winning auction that states just that. The product is in no way shape or form OEM.OEM defined = ORIGINAL Equipmant Manufacturer, which in this case is/was AC DELCO. The PN that is etched into the housing is an AC Delco number, the unit is not. Many folks were upset when they received theirs it had a black cap on it, mine had the correct color cap filler in an attempt to make it look more legit. Had I contacted you from day one the result would be the same. I have a list of names and we are coming after you and your scam company, period. I gave you an opportunity to resolve this civily at which time you tried to say this was a rare occasion. Secondly what makes you think for an instance I am not a professional mechanic? Why would you try and bribe the forum owners and administrators to remove my posts? Your sponsorship fee is much less valuable than my PROFESSIONAL knowledge in the field of LT1 motors and such equipped cars. Nice try though and yes your call was documented and registered. You can argue and verify all you want, you know you sold them, you knew they were counterfeit, you are a fraud! Your products have a long recorded history of failure, your "customer service" is exactly what I have been experiencing, a fight. I have their names, addresses, and recorded purchasing history from your company. I also have available to me all the distributors in question. I have recorded timelines of defective products that were sent in for "evaluation" by you or whomever it is that determines why they failed, some have been just inside a year, but the average is a two month turnaround. Is that any kind of way to leave someone? Two months without a running vehicle because you want to see what you have seen over and over? I can tell you where the problem is, the units do not have a Mitsubishi optical sensor, and there was a low quality control at the assembly plant as most have residue on them from straight out of the box.I do not know what your circumstances are, I do not care! You may have had the wool pulled over your eye's and got stuck with a lot of bad product, but the fact that you continue to sell them and act ignorant to the fact that they are defective really appals me.What is worse is the "return" policy you have, which by the way I am also aware of. You offer a "performance" brand for double the costs of a Genuine piece. The piece you want to send me in return is going to be the same POS you mailed in the first place, and you sir are nuts if you think I am going to put that on my car a second time!I want a full refund, period. If you want the product back you can mail me a prepaid shipping label and I will return it in full. It will also be documented. I can assure you that I am not someone trying to get something for free. I just want my money back so that I can buy another "GENUINE" article elsewhere. As I told the CSR at Ebay I am not threatening, I am promising resolution. Why do I have to be the bad guy here?That is your options, there is nothing to talk about.

Sincerely,
Jack
Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gatorhead
Update:
On October 02, 2008, the business provided the following information:
As we stated before, a full refund is simply just not an option as the part is no longer brand new or in a condition to be resold and more than 90 days have passed since the original sale date. At no time in our ebay selling history have we ever flat out refused a refund for an item less than 90 days old, regardless of condition. We have informed buyers that partial refunds are available, which many buyers have turned down and chosen the replacement part option instead. Also it is important to note that the unit was not installed by a professional mechanic as indicated in our terms and conditions, which can adversely affect the function of the part and has been the cause for many distributor failures in the past. Regarding your claim of the part being a counterfeit, the part was advertised exactly using the information given to us by the part manufacturer at that time, and in no way was intended to scam or mislead customers in any way, shape, or form. We have been selling this part for the last year without incident and our advertisements are accurate with concern to the part manufacturer. We cannot attest to the comments listed in forum posts online without confirming that their part was purchased from our company, but we can say with absolute certainty that the comment regarding the refund which took a year is 100% false, the only part that was true was the threatening letter. We would like to resolve this matter with you amicably and highly encourage you to first send the part back to us for defect evaluation. Once the part is received by us we can proceed with discussing with you your options for resolution as our return policy requires. To send the part back, please visit www.allignition.com and click on the returns link. Feel free to contact us anytime Monday to Friday 11am-4pm PST if you have any questions.
Cordially,
Kevin
Sales Manager
All-Ignition
831-621-1703
customerservice@all-ignition.com

The ad clearly stated "OEM LT1 OPTI SPARK DISTRIBUTOR 95 96 97 CORVETTE CAMARO" I have in front of me the copy of the winning auction that states just that. The product is in no way shape or form OEM.OEM defined = ORIGINAL Equipmant Manufacturer, which in this case is/was AC DELCO. The PN that is etched into the housing is an AC Delco number, the unit is not. Many folks were upset when they received theirs it had a black cap on it, mine had the correct color cap filler in an attempt to make it look more legit. Had I contacted you from day one the result would be the same. I have a list of names and we are coming after you and your scam company, period. I gave you an opportunity to resolve this civily at which time you tried to say this was a rare occasion. Secondly what makes you think for an instance I am not a professional mechanic? Why would you try and bribe the forum owners and administrators to remove my posts? Your sponsorship fee is much less valuable than my PROFESSIONAL knowledge in the field of LT1 motors and such equipped cars. Nice try though and yes your call was documented and registered. You can argue and verify all you want, you know you sold them, you knew they were counterfeit, you are a fraud! Your products have a long recorded history of failure, your "customer service" is exactly what I have been experiencing, a fight. I have their names, addresses, and recorded purchasing history from your company. I also have available to me all the distributors in question. I have recorded timelines of defective products that were sent in for "evaluation" by you or whomever it is that determines why they failed, some have been just inside a year, but the average is a two month turnaround. Is that any kind of way to leave someone? Two months without a running vehicle because you want to see what you have seen over and over? I can tell you where the problem is, the units do not have a Mitsubishi optical sensor, and there was a low quality control at the assembly plant as most have residue on them from straight out of the box.I do not know what your circumstances are, I do not care! You may have had the wool pulled over your eye's and got stuck with a lot of bad product, but the fact that you continue to sell them and act ignorant to the fact that they are defective really appals me.What is worse is the "return" policy you have, which by the way I am also aware of. You offer a "performance" brand for double the costs of a Genuine piece. The piece you want to send me in return is going to be the same POS you mailed in the first place, and you sir are nuts if you think I am going to put that on my car a second time!I want a full refund, period. If you want the product back you can mail me a prepaid shipping label and I will return it in full. It will also be documented. I can assure you that I am not someone trying to get something for free. I just want my money back so that I can buy another "GENUINE" article elsewhere. As I told the CSR at Ebay I am not threatening, I am promising resolution. Why do I have to be the bad guy here?That is your options, there is nothing to talk about.

Sincerely,
Jack

who the F**K is he to say who is a F**KING pro and whos not?? that right there is bullshit in every way possible!!!!! that pisses me off...i bought an opti off of him and sure hope it doesnt go bad anytime soon!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

how do i get ahold if this dick head?? i have some words with him....seeing as i spent 280 dollars on his parts and i think im just going to send the piece of **** back before it takes a dump on me!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 278 Likes on 211 Posts

Damn.. I hope you guys get it straightened out.

Fckn scammers, I hope they get their **** burned down.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

damn thats is pretty crazy man! sorry to hear that

Quick Reply: Attention All_ignition Buyers!!!!!