Old 09-21-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what company is LPP?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dante1313
i am about to buy pacesetter right now....summint racing 334.00. worth it?
you can buy PS LT's on ebay for less.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LT1-P...mZ360089543219

or go with coated ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LT1-P...mZ360090613336
Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go with either Kooks or Hooker b/c I've heard about fitment issues with LPP and unless you can weld/fabricate they're outta the picture.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
I'd go with either Kooks or Hooker b/c I've heard about fitment issues with LPP and unless you can weld/fabricate they're outta the picture.
**** really? i was about to order some up as soon as i sell my edelbrock headers...does it really require that much to install? they wont just bolt right on?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Launching!

there has only been one person who has had to weld and fabricate something, I don't know where everyone gets that the lpp's have major issues. So far issues have been you need to loosen the bolts and slide the column over and then a few others have had to dent the body next to the #8 primary, anyone who is installing longtubes can easily do those things.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Meh, one person having to do that out of the small amount that have been produced makes me wary of buying them. And I didn't say they were major fitment issues, but there sure are issues.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

^^^^^ LOL!!!^^^^^^ Read around all companies having having problems with the steering linkage including PS( I just read 2 guys having the problem on this site a couple days ago). It even says KOOKS has the same issue in their directions.
I dont beleive the guy that welded something had too weld anything, its just the way he went about it.

Seriously if you cant loosen 2 bolts, and possibly dent one pc of sheet metal. You probably should buy shorties or mids, or better yet keep your car stock.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Launching!

man, for stepped, 321 stainless headers and y for only 550 shipped to my door, I think I can deal with a couple bolts and taking some anger out on the car. unless you know that your car has had some front end tweakage, I wouldn't consider any other header. These are the absolute best headers out there for the money, find the thread and read what the people who have ordered them and installed them have to say.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The header pictured is our design. We have been building headers for 45 years when you purchase product from us you deal with us. What we have here is someone that took our American made product and sent it to china or somewhere in the Far East. To have copied and we wonder why our economy is in the crapper. We could do the same thing but that is not what American made muscle cars deserve the deserve the very best American made product. If you purchase our product you get the company support as well as some of the finest American made headers available in today’s market. We use all 304 S/S including the flanges these are 321 321 is not even available over there so that’s a lie. Second the flanges are plated steel flanges not solid S/S likes ours. I can tell where they are made because over there they do not use 2 1/2 radius in there mandrel benders only 3" that’s why the wide sweep out of the flange. We can go on and on. Remember American made cars deserve American made performance Parts.

Last edited by GeorgeR@kooks; 09-22-2008 at 02:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ruken (07-24-2020)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

I agree You guys have some great headers if the cost wasnt so damn much I would have bought them. The same thing for half the price is a better deal IMO. and couldnt be passed on.

Do you have proof these were made over seas and its not 321???

If its not 321 and you know this for a fact, then Lpp is false advertising and I dont think a small comp like that would take that risk...but you never know.

So....... as you all see now they are the exact same as kooks possibly made somewhere besides the USA.
None the less they are half the price
Just to make this clear LPP is an american company, that may have or may not have his supplier over seas.
Hopefully Carl chimes in here.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
What we have here is someone that took our American made product and sent it to china or somewhere in the Far East. To have copied and we wonder why our economy is in the crapper.
Originally Posted by black2002ws6
Ok if you read post #184 I placed the order on Mar. 1 and they told me 30 days so that would be a date of Apr. 1 for me to have them. I wish people would read all the post before posting there own comments. And they are being made in Stone Mountain Ga. The first run is going to be 50 sets. I also posted that before too.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=230

We use all 304 S/S including the flanges these are 321 321 is not even available over there so that’s a lie.
It might've been a lie, if the headers were actually being made "over there" to begin with.

One sponsor making unfounded accusations about another sponsor= bad form.

p.s we have a patent pending on the header primary route so once this is approved no more worries
And I see that we're not above issuing idle threats either.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would be willing to bet the farm that they are not made over in the Good Old USA . We have been doing this way to long. We know 95 percent of the suppliers of S/S in the country so to find out if in fact any are shipping to stone mountian GA would not be hard.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 PM

I was wondering when a post was going to be made by a Kooks representative. I noticed early on that the LPP headers seemed to be an almost exact copy of the Kooks design and actually mentioned that in the LPP thread. I was curious how long that would fly and it appears that it may not be too much longer.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Just talked to carl. They are 321 and made in Georgia.
I understant how Kooks would be pissed, but if its possible for LPP to use Better qaulity materials, polish them and have the same design and have them produced in the USA.For half the price. You need to drop your price.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Launching!

sounds to me like kooks is scared. now that someone is making a header that is very similar to theirs, is made out of a better grade steel, and for half the price, if they weren't scared then they wouldn't be bashing them, and also, if the kooks headers were more reasonably priced then these wouldn't have been made.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Just talked to carl. They are 321 and made in Georgia.
I understant how Kooks would be pissed, but if its possible for LPP to use Better qaulity materials, polish them and have the same design and have them produced in the USA.For half the price. You need to drop your price.
Perhaps the LPP headers would cost more if they had spent more on R&D as opposed to cloning another company's design.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

None the less its a competitive market and that sucks!! I know Im in sales!!!!!
I dont disagree the Kooks guys should be pissed but the fact is these are american made headers made out of a better stainless with a polished finish at half the cost with the same install issues.

If they did have them pattened b4 this it wouldnt be an issue. But they didnt. I for one am very thankfull I got them for the price from LPP I did, because I was about to eat rice and beans for a week to buy the kooks.

I DO THINK KOOKS HAS A GREAT PRODUCT, IM JUST HAPPY I GOT THE DEAL I DID!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by grossesexy
I noticed early on that the LPP headers seemed to be an almost exact copy of the Kooks design and actually mentioned that in the LPP thread. I was curious how long that would fly and it appears that it may not be too much longer.

This is not a new concept.

Jet-Hot longtubes for LT1's are an exact replica of Hooker longtubes.

BBK midlength LT1 headers are an exact replica of Edelbrock TES midlengths.

And no offense to GeorgeR@Kooks, but if companies as large as Holley, Edelbrock and BBK don't even have patents on their own header designs, this should tell him something.