LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cool Video of someones LT1

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Corner Worker
+1.

I have a street car, just like 90% of the people on this site. If I go to the drag strip, I can care less what ET my car does....MPH is king. Its tough to heel toe, late brake, and clutch kick out of a corner in a auto. So, as stated before, autos are for **** that are concerned with tenths of a second on a drag strip trying to impress there buddies with timeslips.

(FYI, my car used to be an auto, 3200 stall, 175shot.....went faster ET and MPH with the 6 gear)
Hey big boy takes one to know one. You just OWNED yourself by telling us you had an A4. So being a previous owner I guess at one point you were a *** so maybe we can be **** together

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 09-25-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autos are great for the drag strip, manuals have the fun factor and are better for autocross. Id say thats true like 99% of the time. Can we not argue about it?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Launching!

+1.

I have a street car, just like 90% of the people on this site. If I go to the drag strip, I can care less what ET my car does....MPH is king. Its tough to heel toe, late brake, and clutch kick out of a corner in a auto. So, as stated before, autos are for **** that are concerned with tenths of a second on a drag strip trying to impress there buddies with timeslips.

(FYI, my car used to be an auto, 3200 stall, 175shot.....went faster ET and MPH with the 6 gear)
Find me a stick car that will car the wheels 60ft with only 500whp???
Old 09-26-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well considering an auto just broke the lt1 bolton only 1/4 mile record...that speaks for itself. I personally prefer stick and that is what both of my f-bodies are. It is just more fun. Still, I can see the consistency benefit of having a built/stalled auto for the track. A manual come in handy on the street or any racing with turns involved...drop it down a gear and go! To say autos are for **** is ridiculous and if you keep up that kind of attitude I doubt you will last long on this forum. Sure some people get autos because they don't know how or are scared to drive stick, but the majority have other reasons in mind.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we all know sticks are more fun, but autos are where its at for the track. personally i love my a4 for just cruising around town and ****...but on the track it helps so much when most of the guys there miss gears, just like everyone already stated before
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

I'm running the RMVB transbraked th400 in mine. I would never go back to the manual unless it was a daily driver that I just wanted to have around town. If you want to do the roll by rev up the manual is for you.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Hey big boy takes one to know one. You just OWNED yourself by telling us you had an A4. So being a previous owner I guess at one point you were a *** so maybe we can be **** together
I was once gay, now not so gay......you are correct my friend.

The point I was trying to make is that, yes the F-body in the video beat the vette down the drag strip, but you get dog **** jones in the fun factor on the street.

Apparently from the outcry of emotion from just about all of you on this forum, is that you only go straight. Your F-body with decent sway bars, bilstein suspension and good brakes will hang with just about ANYTHING (production cars) on a road course. My beater *** 93, full weight car, is very competitive at the local autocross events. Im am only showing your closed minded views, dont be mad at me, be mad at yourself. Its a sports car, not a 65 nova.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVhVlyWaXUY

LT1's for the win
Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

nice vid

funny the first vid on the left is my old car and I'm the one spotting the burn out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41TM...eature=related

383, small SR, stock casting heads, 200 shot

9.7@136 back 5-6 years ago
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

+1.

lol you sound like an 18 year old street racing punk

in my 10.90 index there are usually 16-20 cars and there is only one with a stick and he has never made it past the semis

Cmans car is a nice street car and it sure likes juice.He only runs low 12`s on motor and with the 200 shot runs mid 10`s.Thats the perfect setup if you drive it on the street.have all the durability of a 12 second car and when you goto the track spray the crap out of it
Old 09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dave J
lol you sound like an 18 year old street racing punk

in my 10.90 index there are usually 16-20 cars and there is only one with a stick and he has never made it past the semis.
your "index class"....meaning you race the finish line......in others words, bracket racing. If autos are the way to go, that's why pro stock runs them as well as Pro Mod, as well as Nitro coupes right?

Yes I am 18......I mean 16, no no ....Im 15. I only race on the internet, cause its cheaper.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Launching!

your "index class"....meaning you race the finish line......in others words, bracket racing. If autos are the way to go, that's why pro stock runs them as well as Pro Mod, as well as Nitro coupes right?

Yes I am 18......I mean 16, no no ....Im 15. I only race on the internet, cause its cheaper.
Bwahhh lol now thats good stuff lol
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jarretthise
that car sounds really good...i want to know what cam he is running with and what his heads are?? lol
That was my car last fall. Custom cam similar to a cc306 and stock ported LT1 heads.

Have only been out to the track once this summer... ran a couple of tenths slower in the summer heat. We'll see if I can get it out this October/November.

Quick Reply: Cool Video of someones LT1