LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Le2 head and cam from lloyd elliot

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got word back from carl with info on emission legal LPP headers and he said at this time they have no plans on making emission legal headers. So i guess ill be going with either pacesetter or jet hot or kooks.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as it is a pain to do headers I'd go with the Kooks...I have the emissions fittings Kooks stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8s and I love them with my set up...Also, and this was said earlier, its all in the entire car combo to run well at the track...I know I'm a 383 but I run a very small 226/234 Joe Overton/Erson custom with LPE/Eric Bradby heads and ran 11.20s at 121 consistently last year at 3600 lbs...Ive had some personal stuff put the car on the back burner this year, but I upped the stall to 4000 from 3600 and switched to a Spohn Pro series rear drag sway bar and am hoping to dip into the high 10s N/A on pump gas...and I dont make 400 rwhp...Be wary of dyno numbers as they are just numbers...Look at folks who are running high mph and see what they are doing..ET is a function of traction, mph tell you what your motor is doing...

--Alan
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tomsws6
what else do you have to 403 to the ground? those sound like strong numbers? just wondering cause i thought about it too.
LE2 Cam, LE2 Heads, LE Intake, LT headers, ORY, GMMG, 58mm TB, 36 lb injectors

Basically all the supporting mods that are listed on Lloyd's website.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Hey I've been reading up on Lloyd's head/cam setups. I have a 96 Impala SS with 120k on the motor. Motor has been well taken care of. I've e-mailed Lloyd already and saids it would be fine to slap on the LE2 and the 112LSA without problems. I'm just afraid of running into the motor's bottom end falling apart. I definitely want this set up. I've got the try-ys from clearimage, cai, and flowmaster cat back exaust. I have the spare LT1 motor I'm taking the heads off of to be sent in. A buddy had his Impala done with cam and heads swap, but not Lloyd's package. His was done locally. I've come across countless number of sucess stories on numerous forums. Or just rebuild that spare block into a 355 or 383 when I can get enough money saved up.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sdotlog
I've e-mailed Lloyd already and saids it would be fine to slap on the LE2 and the 112LSA without problems.

Lloyd makes good stuff and takes care of his customers.
You can call, email or PM the man and get a strait answer every time.
And he'd never sell you something he thought would hurt your car,
he'll tell you exactly why it's a bad idea and offer a better option (even if it
means a smaller sale or no sale at all)

To quote a friend who recently talked to Lloyd about purchasing an LE2 setup
I called him up, talked to him for like 15 min and felt like I'd know him my whole life!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Yea I've been in contact with him through email and I already trust the guy. I know he does great work as I've seen plenty of his packages thoughout the web. I know I'm going to get the head/cam package from him. I just don't know if i shlould just slap them on my current motor or have my spare LT1 bottom end rebuilt. I'm not looking for a track monster its for my daily driven impala. Going to a local reputable shop to do the bottem end for 900 bucks or so to have rebuilt to 355.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I very happy with my LE2 set up, H/C/I stock bottom end, with a dana S60 35spline, 17" rims
,with open cut out made 413.66 rwhp, just switched to TDs and should have about 10 more to the tires. If I put back in the 10bolt for a dyno i bet it would turn near 435-440 to the tires.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Yea I've been in contact with him through email and I already trust the guy. I know he does great work as I've seen plenty of his packages thoughout the web. I know I'm going to get the head/cam package from him. I just don't know if i shlould just slap them on my current motor or have my spare LT1 bottom end rebuilt. I'm not looking for a track monster its for my daily driven impala. Going to a local reputable shop to do the bottem end for 900 bucks or so to have rebuilt to 355.
LE2 will work fine on a stock bottom end.
But, being in that deep anyhow, if the bottom end has a lot of miles or
is showing signs of wear (poor compression, consuming oil, pistons rattling around in bore)
it may be time to go ahead and do that 355 while you're at it.

The advantage isn't so much the extra cubes, but rather the ability to run
more RPM, improve quench and compression, install forged components and
just plain having the confidence that you have a engine that is fresh and reliable.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
yeah it was that one on his website, do you happen to know anymore about the car thats in that vid?
That car on his site is mine. Lloyd is a great guy to work with, I couldn't be happier with my setup. That was the first time my car ever made it on the dyno and during the runs I discovered some major fuel issues. Which have since been worked out, so I suspect better numbers this spring. The dyno was also a DynoDynamic's which if you know dynos it is known as the "heart break" dyno. But numbers are not everything, through and through Lloyd does amazing work!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Yea figured my motor is on it's way out and don't need to invest in it parts wise. Tearing down that 95 motor I have and now just need to figure out what parts. Regrind the stock crank or go ahead and replace it? I've been told at the least have forged rods and pistons. Reliability is a must, as this will be driven alot untill I get another car. Ugh, just hate to see money float away lol.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Build it right the first time so you don't have to come back and do it again later.
There's nothing wrong with tearing it down and seeing what can be reused;
what you put into it (or keep) really depend on your long-term goals.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Ive got full internals out of a 20k motor for sale if your looking for a cheap stock rebuild. I pulled it all yesterday and it looks like brand new parts, The bearing show very very little wear, and crank, rods and pistons, timing sprockets etc, look perfect.

After talking to Lloyd and AI, I went with Lloyd, he was just awesome and customer service is amazing! He still just e-mails me just to see how things are going!!! When He tells you something take it as Gods word. He basically came up with my entire set up, I just followed what he said and Im super happy with the way it all turned out!!!

Like I said If I were to put the 10bolt back in just for a dyno I would bet Id be damn near 440rwhp now. If I threw on some lightweight rims/tires probably even more.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

how would lloyd elliots 228/235 cam work on stock heads?

cause im planning on getting it and then getting the heads later on...what do u all think?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28camaross
how would lloyd elliots 228/235 cam work on stock heads?

cause im planning on getting it and then getting the heads later on...what do u all think?
Well you wouldn't get that cams full power potential. I would hold off until you can do the LE2 heads. LE1 heads if you are really strapped on the $$
Old 01-24-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

If ya wanna wait for about a year I will be selling my LE2 setup to go with a LE3 or 4 on a 383 next winter. LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

I always wanted to have a procharger thrown on my car, but that won't happen anytime soon. I plan to just get forged rods and pistons. Nneed to talk to the guy doing my motor whenever I get the chance to tear it down and give him the shortblock. Just to go over all my options and what it would run whichever new parts I decide to throw in. I see a lot of people going with ls7 lifters with these heads. Is that a must need?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

I always wanted to have a procharger thrown on my car, but that won't happen anytime soon. I plan to just get forged rods and pistons. Nneed to talk to the guy doing my motor whenever I get the chance to tear it down and give him the shortblock. Just to go over all my options and what it would run whichever new parts I decide to throw in. I see a lot of people going with ls7 lifters with these heads. Is that a must need?
The Ls7 lifters are not a must. They are the stock replacement now for our stock OEM ones. If you should go to a GM dealership and try and buy replacements for your application they will sell you the LS7. I wouldn't buy from them though because they will charge you an arm and a leg for them. GMPARTSDIRECT has them for a great price.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Man these are some killer numbers guys! If I had the money I would go with the LE package for sure. Looks like he has done his homework and its paying off.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
If ya wanna wait for about a year I will be selling my LE2 setup to go with a LE3 or 4 on a 383 next winter. LOL

lol just 11 months to go
Old 01-24-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

LOL its time to save up money for when you're ready!

Quick Reply: Le2 head and cam from lloyd elliot