LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Fuel Injector "Firing Order?"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
That means it is indeed a batch fire car, so the injectors are not numbered. As long as they are on the proper side and you dont somehow stretch one over the intake to the other side you are fine .
Even if you swapped sides, it's just firing fuel on top of a closed intake valve, so it really doesn't care which one it is.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me update ya... we put a stock fuel regulator on it and it only has 25 psi at idle and 29-30 with vaccum line off...
I think the diaphram on the aeromotive regulator is tore because when we pull the vaccum line off it leaks fuel......???
It seems to run better but it just isnt all there!

We also have an air/fuel meter and with the stock reg on there it reads back and forth from lein to stocish...???
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Green3spd
Let me update ya... we put a stock fuel regulator on it and it only has 25 psi at idle and 29-30 with vaccum line off...
I think the diaphram on the aeromotive regulator is tore because when we pull the vaccum line off it leaks fuel......???It seems to run better but it just isnt all there!

We also have an air/fuel meter and with the stock reg on there it reads back and forth from lein to stocish...???
Very common, far too many of them are bad out of the box.

The pressure looks low yet with the stocker but maybe it is a gauge.\\Change the oil, likely fuel diluted from all the fuel being dumped into the vacuum line.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Very common, far too many of them are bad out of the box.

The pressure looks low yet with the stocker but maybe it is a gauge.\\Change the oil, likely fuel diluted from all the fuel being dumped into the vacuum line.
Good idea on the oil change...

We took the regulator apart(dumb), so thats prolly how the diaphram was tore... found one for $25.99.. hope that fixes it...

Quick Reply: LT1 Fuel Injector "Firing Order?"