Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

normal? clutch engages higher

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default normal? clutch engages higher

Ok. i have a 96 Camaro Z28 6 speed with appx 99,000 miles. at 88,000 my clutch went out about 3 weeks after i bought it. It was replaced and it was engaging a very low to the wall. Now it is engaging about halfways and im wondering if my clutch is going out prematurely.

The only thing that I think yould make it go out is when i stop at a light, i press the clutch to the floor and hold it in first. it doesnt move forward or anything and i know that as long as its either fully engaged or fully disengaged theres no damage to the clutch.

I don't slip the clutch and i know how to drive a manual. Im just wondering if this is normal. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thx.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Teching In

i depends on how many miles are on it, i recently had my clutch replaced and when i first started driving it the clutch engaged as soon as i as the pedal left the floor. I drove it for like two days (not consistantly for 48 hours) but yah... the pedal engagement changed, and it started engaging a little less than half way from the floor. yah that is normal. You think that is bad wait till u get clutch chatter from breakin.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cant wait for that lol. my friend has an integra and it chatters bad. sounds like the trannys falling out. lol. Damn ricer. haha.