Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can't figure it out.. (clutch problem)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't figure it out.. (clutch problem)

So i bought an ls7 clutch kit and new hydraulics and install them on my ws6. I broke it in for about 1,000 miles street/highway. After 5,000 miles the pedal sticks to the floor but i'm able to get it home. (the fluid was perfectly clear) First is hard to get into and reverse only if i start it in gear, I've now replaced both master and slave again.. manual bled, mityvac bled, and motive pressure bled. Pedal feels ok.. doesn't feel as strong as it did when I installed the clutch. Now whenever i try to put it into any gear, the wheels start to spin, and if i crank it in gear the wheels start to spin. The only thing i can think of now is that the pressure plate is broke... all the fingers looked fine when i had the transmission out, and all bolts were still tight on the PP. anyone got any clue? last thing i can change is the pressure plate...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's the pressure plate. LS7's are known for this. Mine is bad right now also after about 4000 miles and 6 hours of road course action. I went through the same process you did except I haven't changed the master or slave. I did however, look into the bell housing while the pedal was stuck and the slave was in the proper 'released' position. I'm sure you can also get the pedal to stick when the trans is in neutral and while in gear you probably can increase the rpms and the car will start to move. I'll be replacing my disc and PP next week.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what clutch are you going to go with this time? i cant get my car into gear at all or the wheels spin.