Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC 3 Issues. Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC 3 Issues. Anyone?

Ok, I'm sure most of you remember my last threads about clutch engaging issues that I ended up swapping everything that had to do with shifting. Anyway, Now I can't get the car to go over 2,700rpms without vibrating it to death. It doesn't matter how fast I'm going, just how high the rpms are. This is even when I'm sitting still in neutral. So I'm going to pull the trans back out for the 5th time Tuesday and I'm going to take the clutch/flywheel package to get balanced. I also going back to the stage 4 clutch that I had to start with. All these issues started when I downgraded from a stage 4 to a stage 3. I'm also going to swap the slave cylinder again from the ACDelco one for a '98 that's in the car now to a GM slave for an '01 (I heard they hold more pressure, plus that's what was in the car when I bought it). So while this is apart, do you guys have any other suggestions? I don't want to have to pull it out again, I'm tired of dealing with it!!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a motor problem to me since it does it even in neutral, could be wrong though.

Why did you even have a SPEC 4? You aren't making enough power to warrant that or the Viper T56.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trans and the clutch were in the car when I bought it. I makes 410rwhp now but I'm looking into procharging it pretty soon anyway.