Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

well i think my clutch went out but not sure if it is...i was on the highway the otherday an i was getting ready to pass up a car an then all of a sudden i was jus revving like if my clutch went out..i parked it an got it tolled back to my house..i havent had a chance to take it anywere to get it check but the thing is that im able to turn it on..b4 i start it the clutch goes in good like its not loose it feels hard well how it useally feels an the car turns on..an while the car is running i can put it into all the gears an all it does is jus rev..wont go nowhere..i have to use the clutch to put into first but 2 an the others they go on there own...i really dont much bout clutches so if anybody can help or any advice of what they think it is i would it would help me alot..thanks guys!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like your clutch is worn out and is slipping.

Also, are you saying you are floating the gears? From what I know, that's none too good on your synchros... It's a lot easier to change a clutch than it is to tear into the internals of your transmission to change the synchros.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Teching In

so then it has to be the ctutch then right...cause i jus bought a clutch today an i would be pretty upset if it aint it lol
Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TexasTurbo-z
so then it has to be the ctutch then right...cause i jus bought a clutch today an i would be pretty upset if it aint it lol
I'd be pretty pissed too, but sometimes you need to take stuff apart to inspect the damage before buying parts. I speak this from experience
Old 11-23-2008, 04:44 AM
TECH Regular

Do you have any sort of return policy on the clutch?'
Do you know how many miles ago the clutch was replaced?
Have you been pretty rough on the clutch?

Just a couples ideas.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Teching In

well i bought it from the ws6 store i havent really looked into it...im wanna say about a yr in a half to about a yr....an not really i would jus drive it reg well at least i think..