Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How to modify the stock hydraulics???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to modify the stock hydraulics???

Ive got a lvl 7 cartek clutch, lvl 4sixspeedinc trans and Ive been having problems with the clutch disengauging like it should. The pedal is real soft and has 2-3in of play up top in the pedal. Ive replaced the slave and master and still had the same issues. Well I called cartek to see if I needed to shim the slave or what not and they told me with the older style clutches I had to modify the master for more volume. They said they used to modify them but no longer do. Does anybody know how this can be done? If it cant then I guess Ill buy an adjustable master, but I hate to do that right now since I just bought a new one.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look at the sticky on how to make an adjustabe master from the stock unit.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Got it thanks, Didnt know if there was anything else they did to them or not.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually liken modifying your stock master to putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound - your smarter bet is to just fix the problem by making your hydraulic system flow more fluid. Our Adjustable Master Cylinder kit eliminates clutch disengagement issues caused by the weakness of the factory component. We use a bigger, beefier Tilton Master Cylinder and an unrestricted, heat wrapped line as a one-two punch that knocks out all the disengagement issues these cars are plagued by.

If you aren't satisfied with your results from a modified stock master, I encourage you to check out our site: http://www.tick-performance.com/cata...ne/#hydraulics
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
I usually liken modifying your stock master to putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound - your smarter bet is to just fix the problem by making your hydraulic system flow more fluid. Our Adjustable Master Cylinder kit eliminates clutch disengagement issues caused by the weakness of the factory component. We use a bigger, beefier Tilton Master Cylinder and an unrestricted, heat wrapped line as a one-two punch that knocks out all the disengagement issues these cars are plagued by.

If you aren't satisfied with your results from a modified stock master, I encourage you to check out our site: http://www.tick-performance.com/cata...ne/#hydraulics
Will do, But right now its a lil out of my price range.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf

I had clutch pedal issues and decided to go with the Tick master and a new GM slave...

What an incredible improvement over the stock junk....

Spend the money on good parts man.... you'll thank yourself.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Fixed it today. Did the adjustable master cylinder mod and all is perfect now. Thanks!

Quick Reply: How to modify the stock hydraulics???