Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

a minute of your time please....clutch issues!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a minute of your time please....clutch issues!

I have this 2000 Camaro SS that sometimes i want to crash into a wall. I love the thing but it makes me mad when things go wrong. This has happened for a while now and i need to figure it out. Basically this is NOT another post about a sticky clutch, even though it does happen...lol but not really funny. Basically i get in the car in the morning, pedal is like a wet sponge. The car goes into gear fine but just the clutch bothers me. I dont think i have a leak but i add fluid like every 2 months it seems like. I think i do need to bleed the system but figured i would ask. Sometimes i can depress the clutch about 3 inches and it has absolutly no feeling whatsoever. this car makes me mad. it might be easier if i tell it like a story.

1)Woke up this morning to go to school
2) Started right up like always, but clutch felt like **** like always.
3) Car goes into gear fine cold or hot, and never grinds.
4) I am constantly pumping the clutch trying to get it to come back but never does.
5) When i turn the car off, the clutch has better pressure then when it was one, heck i actually feel like its doing something when its off. THer is barely any feeling when its on.
6) This is the softest clutch i have ever felt. I dont know what clutch it is was told it was a z06 clutch when bought it but this sucker is SOFT!!

That is the problem. ANy help would be greatly appriciated cause i dont know whats wrong. Thank you

Last edited by DGageSS; 12-05-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hydraulic system is a sealed system, if you need to add fluid, you have a leak. You answered your own question in your post. Find the leak, replace the part, bleed the system well, problem solved.

If its the master or slave line, disconnecting the hydraulic line to the slave will result in you still being able to depress the pedal. The pedal should be rock hard (ie fluid has nowhere to go).

If its not the master, then its the slave and you need to take the transmission out to replace that.

PS I want my min back. lol
Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Launching!

SladeZ thank you for your help. I figured i had a leak but just wanted to make sure. i owe you a minute sometime.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:07 PM
wrencher

I had the same issues way back. Just got tired of it, the only thing that made me happy was replacing everything eventually.
But yours you need to start w/ the hydraulic's.