Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Flywheel combo only?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Flywheel combo only?

I understand manufacturers want to sell their clutch combo with their own flywheel thats been balanced as an assembly but many vendors (southbend, Monster, some others, excluding twin plate setups) only offer the option of the factory heavy flywheel.

Again, this makes sense if you're putting the clutch in an F-body, but I'm putting this motor in a 2500lb car. I don't NEED the extra mass to get the car launched and moving. The car isn't going to bog off the line at all with a fidanza. I can get the clutch balanced with my fidanza at my discretion. I'd really like to use their product (mainly southbend) but they won't seperate and I'm not paying the extra money for a flywheel I will not use (and will not be able to re-coop costs).

Anyone got advise/opinion/experience etc?

Should I just give up and get the Spec or Ram? Cause it seems like those are my only options if I want to buy just a pressure plate and clutch plate.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer our kits as both packages and individually sold components. That being said I am sure that I can assist you with a recommendation. Let me know what kind of torque you plan to make and I will be happy to help you. Thanks!