Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Places that sell T-56 conversion kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Places that sell T-56 conversion kits?

I have a couple listed that I have heard sell T-56 conversion kits but none of them have anything at the moment. Just trying to get a solid list of some places so I have a better chance of finding what I am looking for when I have the money ready. I know I can check the for sale section but I prefer to buy a whole kit from a place so chances are I will have everything needed for the swap.

Also how long typically do to the T-56's themselves usually last until they need to be rebuilt? I know the more power the car has and how hard it has been driven will have an effect but the general mileage?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

Depends how you drive it, some last forever.

People in the Classifieds section sell complete kits.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Depends how you drive it, some last forever.

People in the Classifieds section sell complete kits.
I did a search and found quite a few actually but dont have all the money together yet. I'm pretty intimidated by the swap eventhough I did heads/cam by myself. Something about the cutting and wiring that scares me I guess because I have no experience with either. But, if I slap another Auto in there I would hate to regret not toughing it out and doing the swap potentially.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
I did a search and found quite a few actually but dont have all the money together yet. I'm pretty intimidated by the swap eventhough I did heads/cam by myself. Something about the cutting and wiring that scares me I guess because I have no experience with either. But, if I slap another Auto in there I would hate to regret not toughing it out and doing the swap potentially.
The swap isn't bad at all; if you can do a heads/cam swap, you can easily do the transmission swap. I swapped mine over last weekend working mostly by myself (had help getting the transmissions in/out).

The wiring isn't too bad if you read through the sticky in this forum. Someone even posted a link to a site from which you can buy the reverse light/reverse lockout plugs for about a third of the dealer's price. I haven't found a source for the clutch position and anticipation switch plugs, though. If you can, find someone in the classifieds who is willing to swap harnesses with you. The wiring would be much easier that way.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you get the pedals and crossmember new or used, the rest is easy.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Click on the part of my Sig that says my Engine, I have a T56 Swap Thread in there that will be very helpful to you.