Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch drinking fluid help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new clutch drinking fluid help

just put a brand new Centerforce clutch/fly wheel/TB/slave the whole 9 yards in and love it except for the probem of im going thru fuild like gas. In 1500 miles ive had to top off the fluid twice, and by top off i mean the first 600 miles the resevoir was bone try and 900 miles later it was 1/2 down.

WTF could be causing this? there isnt any puddle under the car ever, there is no evidence of seepage/leaking around anywhere or any hose that ive checked

clutch was installed professionally by a reputible shop. Im taking it back in 2 days when im done with school registration to see WTF is up, but i jsut dont think that this is normal at all...

anyone else had this
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

degrease things around the reservoir, master and slave connections. Talcum powder it around all connections (inside the cabin shouldn't be necessary because you'd notice that leak!)

If it's still happening, it could be at the slave, but you'd likely see a drip by now...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldn't have to continually refill the fluid. This is evidence of a leak at either the master or slave or in the lines that connect them. If it is the master you will generally see fluid on the firewall (under the dash) and the carpet will generally be wet too. If it is the slave and you are leaking enough to need to refill this often it would likely be dripping from the bell-housing. Are you seeing any evidence of a leak under the car? At this point it is obvious you have a leak and the info provided by JMD can assist in locating it.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there has been no evidence of a leak from under the car and i would notice as it is parked in a brand new garage by itself so any leak would definatly be from the car and i have been looking for it. Ill check the firewall/dash today when i get up and around and functioning for the day