Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clacking noise from tranny when shifting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clacking noise from tranny when shifting...

Hey all...just recently I have noticed a single clack noise when I shift and let the clutch out. Is this the throw out bearing causing the noise....or maybe just my stock clutch finally showing its age? Also, I noticed after the last time I went to the track...in any gear (I feel it more if I'm in second), if I mash the gas real quick and let off, the car surges forward and backward for a second and while excelerating my shifter moves up and to the right. I remember it doing that before, but not as much. Could these be a loose drivetrain component, or maybe a busted engine mount that may be causing this? Thanks guys/gals... - Pat
Old 10-01-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this is a very old post but i thought it would be better to add to this thread than to create another. I also considered messaging Patman since im sure he had resolved the problem but his last post was over a month ago and i dont know if he keeps up with the site anymore. Anyway, what would you guys suggest being that I have the EXACT same problem? The car is a 99SS with 105,000 miles. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
I realize this is a very old post but i thought it would be better to add to this thread than to create another. I also considered messaging Patman since im sure he had resolved the problem but his last post was over a month ago and i dont know if he keeps up with the site anymore. Anyway, what would you guys suggest being that I have the EXACT same problem? The car is a 99SS with 105,000 miles. Thanks for any help.

I have the same problem as well... but last night after making my 2nd pass at the track, the tranny became VERY hard to shift... my t/o bearing or pressure plate is toast... hopefully it's not a fork in the tranny... If it's the t/o bearing that gets replaced and it goes away, I'll let you know
Old 10-02-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks...will be looking forward to hearing from you. Anyone else got ant info?

Quick Reply: Clacking noise from tranny when shifting...