Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

One man bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default One man bleeder

I found a one man bleeder for brakes/clutches today that is nothing more than a clear hose and a one way valve. Could you bleed your clutch with one of those, or do you have to close the bleeder screw before you pump the petal? I cut a hole in my floor to get to the valve, but not having to open and close the valve each time would be nice.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody? I can only assume that as long as the one way valve isnt junk, then it would work out pretty well. The two main reasons that this would apeal to me are that I could do it without getting brake fluid all over the place, and I could hopefully do it really quick. If it would work good enough, then I could even change my brake fluid more often. Like I said earlier, I already have a big hole cut in my trans tunnel, so I am hoping that I could merely open the bleeder valve, slip this clear tube/oneway valve over the bleeder valve, and go right to pumping the clutch and filling the resevior. Would it work, or am I missing something huge? Obviously I would remove it and close the bleeder valve when done.

Last edited by KurtRardin; 02-09-2009 at 08:21 PM.