Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! why did my stocker go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! why did my stocker go?

car is a 00 m6 ss 58.xxx miles. i was driving on base friday night going about 15mph in second go to put it in 3rd then the whole car jumped forward but i quickly through it in neutral. bucking an some kind of flexing was felt in the shifter.i go to put it in second now after that and some bucking and flexing happened again because i didn't raise the rpms enough before i shifted to second ( i think) seems like i have a lot of flexing and bucking happens when i shift(i think it's because i don't give it enough gas coming outta the hole when im doing a lot of stop and go). well , next thing you know i go to hit the gas and all this grinding an bad sounds happened and i felt it in the clutch. the clutch wasn't grabbing so i pretty much think i blew my pressure plate on my stock clutch. my buddy in the passenger seat said he's never seen a clutch go like that and i thought the same thing.wtf? has anybody seen or been through this?is this normal? he said maybe because of the cold weather but the car was already warm when it happened?
well now i know where my tax money is going

been doing some reading and it seems the ls7 clutch kit suites me best. the car is bone stock except for the new tick master adj and pro 5.0 shift that went in recently.

What should i replace now that i need a new clutch? i don't know what a pilot bearing is, 01-02 gm slave,ls7 clutch kit anything else while everything is dropped? i hope you guys can give me some helpful info. sorry for the write up
Old 02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Could it be something simple like the shifter stops on the new pro50 worked themselves forward, and preventing full engagement of the gears? I'd check the things that you recently changed (Master & shifter) before doing anything drastic.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

im no expert but i am 99% sure the pressure plate is fried. the master and pro 5.0 work great. maybe it was time for the stocker to go but at 58.xxx miles and stock horsepower?

o yea... i thought i was going to push the thing while my buddy steers but he was able to feather the clutch just enough to get it to roll. so just to see what happens we SLIGHTLY gave it some gas and then all the grinding and noises started happening again???
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

61 hits and only one person. geez ive seen many stupid questions on here and i can't even get an opinion of what might of happened