Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fidanza Twin Plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidanza Twin Plate

I'm having a tough decision choosing a clutch for my ls1 powered 240sx project. I want something light weight as it is an autox/roadrace car and I do not need the weight for daily driving. I plan to make about 400 wheel with the car and maybe 500 at some point down the road. I had decided to get a monster stage 3 with the cromoly flywheel but I keep thinking for $100 more I can get a fidanza twin plate with supposedly stock feel, plenty of hold and the smaller diameter for quick revs. It consurns me that there is hardly any info on this clutch out there and it seems that no one runs it. So the question is why does no one run it and does anyone have an opinion on what route I should go? Thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Teching In

You can see what I mean when I say there is a lack of info about this clutch. I hate to go for it blindly but I may just have to because it seems like a winner to me.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Price mostly. I would check the corvette forum as the demographics are a little different there. I would say the average price most people on this site would spend on a clutch is 500 or less.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump would like some feedback on this setup as well. Certainly someone has tried it.