Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

how to bleed a 97 six speed???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to bleed a 97 six speed???

i have a 97 ta and my clutch fulid is like black.and its hard to get in gear.if yall can help me.i want to know how to bleed the clutch

Last edited by 97juarezTA; 02-25-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

This might not be the "text book" way to do it. But its worked for me for years. You need to pull your slave cylinder and master cylinder off together. Take the tube off the slave and clean out all the fluid. Then fill the reservoir up with fluid and hang the reservoir up and push the slave rod in slowly to push all the air out of it. Then when you have the slave rod pushed in put the master cylinder rod in slowly so it pushes the slave rod out slowly. It will probibly suck all the fluid out of the reservoir so have a friend there to fill it up. Then cycle the slave a few times to work all the bubbles out of the slave. Also when you have the slave rod pushed all the way in tap the side of the slave cylinder with screw driver handle to dislodge any bubbles that might be trapped inside it.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Teching In

thanks man i'll try it do you know where i can get a good tranny rebuild kit for it