Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LG solid bushing to thin?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG solid bushing to thin?

In the middle of a clutch install on a 2000 FRC with a 10mm torque tube. I pulled the tube apart to replace the rear bushing with a solid LG unit and a new BMW up front.

Well I start to bolt down the solid bushing and its not thick enough. The centering pin bottoms out before the flange mates up. I mesure the rubber bushings at 1.100" and the solid one is dead nuts at 1.0"

Anyone run into this problem? I want to put it back together but theres no way Im using washers and no way Im putting two rubber ones back in there.

Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails LG solid bushing to thin?-lg-tt-bushing1.jpg  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Motohead1
In the middle of a clutch install on a 2000 FRC with a 10mm torque tube. I pulled the tube apart to replace the rear bushing with a solid LG unit and a new BMW up front.

Well I start to bolt down the solid bushing and its not thick enough. The centering pin bottoms out before the flange mates up. I mesure the rubber bushings at 1.100" and the solid one is dead nuts at 1.0"

Anyone run into this problem? I want to put it back together but theres no way Im using washers and no way Im putting two rubber ones back in there.

Here is a pic.

I would call LG and ask them, since it's their part. I installed similar item on my 12mm torque tube with no problems. BTW, I heard the BMW rubber bushings are crap. Corvette America now sells the factory bushings or give RPM Tranny a shout in Indianna.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

The 10mm and 12mm should be exact save for the obvious hole size. The thickness should be exactly the same. Did you happen to mesure it? I think I must have gotten one from a bad batch.

And as far as the BMW bushings being junk thats bogus. The durimeter is the same. What could be happening is peaple installing them backwards. Neither gm or bmw will last long that way.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Motohead1
The 10mm and 12mm should be exact save for the obvious hole size. The thickness should be exactly the same. Did you happen to mesure it? I think I must have gotten one from a bad batch.

And as far as the BMW bushings being junk thats bogus. The durimeter is the same. What could be happening is peaple installing them backwards. Neither gm or bmw will last long that way.
I could take a measurement for you as I have a few spare stock bushings left over. I'll do that tomorrow.

As far as the BMW bushings, I'm just going by what I read over on CF from guys that have used them.

Quick Reply: LG solid bushing to thin?