Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

? on bleeding w/mity vac

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on bleeding w/mity vac

Can someone give me a quick set of instructions on how to bleed my clutch using a mity vac? Also, where can i get one? I dont know if the search isnt working right or im just an idiot but i cant seem to find anything on here.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by badaSS346
Can someone give me a quick set of instructions on how to bleed my clutch using a mity vac? Also, where can i get one? I dont know if the search isnt working right or im just an idiot but i cant seem to find anything on here.

Most big auto parts stores have Mity-Vacs on their shelves and I know Harbor Freight carries them.
Pretty easy procedure to bleed clutch with one, but you will definitely need to get either a cap for the clutch master that fits tightly and has an adapter built into it for the vacuum tube that's attached to the Mity-Vac. I found a tapered rubber plug that fit tightly into my master cylinder opening and drilled it out to accept a 1/4" piece of metal fuel line that I atteched the mity-vac line to. Once you get that the rest is easy and just takes a few minutes. 1st thing I do when I bleed my clutch is suck all of the old fluid out with a turkey baster and clean any left in the bottom of the m/c with a clean shop towel then re-fill it with DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid. Then attach the mity-vac and pump it up to 15-20" of vacuum, then get in the car and pump the clutch pedal around 20 times or until you get a full, firm pedal. I usually do this 2 or 3 times and just make sure the m/c is up to the full line when I'm done. It's quick and easy and not messy at all! Hope this helps!

Jimbo
Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's on of the most complete methods I've seen.

http://home.comcast.net/~buschman_00...utchbleed.html

Quick Reply: ? on bleeding w/mity vac